Nicklas Helenius

bickster

Portugal is going well it seems. If they put in a lackluster performance when they return. They should all be shot. Including Lambert and whoever approved a holiday when were not even doing all that well.

I seem to remember one previously.. i cant remember if it was McLeish or MON.. and we came back and loss quite a few on the bounce. I never found the midseason trip a good idea.

28df4ab0968611e3b2210e2d95a78a0b_8.jpg

Love this photo.

Strange photo. Helenius looks like Stifler from the "American Pie" movies (no comparison)

He is obviously just after burying his head in a line of cocaine and is buzzing on the way back up.

Should be starting next game alongside Benteke. Drop Gabby, get Albrighton wide right.

Will never happen.

As that would mean Lambert would have to take a risk and experiment with the squad a bit.

• 3 weeks later...

https://twitter.com/NicklasHelenius/status/444948982473969664

Nice to see that it looks like his lack of involvement this year is something he's on board with, but still confused where he fits into the team overall. Maybe as a wide forward like Gabby or Weimann? Or maybe the lack of our ability to get our hands on an attacking mid has meant we can't play the type of football yet which would allow him to be effective

The cynic in me wonders if he was bought on the cheap to help Okore settle in - hopefully not, and I still look forward to seeing him properly in action.

Edited by LordSepulchrave

Think he has been injured. I've always remembered the comments made by AAB fans at the time, when they said they doubt he'll play much of a part this season and they were right. Always thought this specific signing was targeted towards next season. Just say he banged in another shed load in Denmark, possibly more suitors, so hence we got in there first, thats my theory anyway.

Think he has been injured. I've always remembered the comments made by AAB fans at the time, when they said they doubt he'll play much of a part this season and they were right. Always thought this specific signing was targeted towards next season. Just say he banged in another shed load in Denmark, possibly more suitors, so hence we got in there first, thats my theory anyway.

And Nick himself.

I don't know why but I think he's going to be a cracking player for us. Scandinavian players have done well for us - Mellberg, Sörensen, Laursen and Carew. Then we have Okore who showed promise before his injury.

• Like 1

Not too sure about Helenius...

He has looked decent in the rare appearances this season, as he did in pre-season, but I think there is a reason why he's not been given much of a chance thus far.

Not one in the 'written-off' list just yet for me, I think he needs another season. Hopefully we can have a decent cup-run next year so he can show what he can do.

Seriously, what is it with our fans and wanting every single new signing ever to be playing straight away?

He's a young guy moved from the Danish league system to the Premier League.  Give him time to settle and adjust - everyone has the chance to impress and show what they can do in training and Helenius seems to have the right mentality for this.

Writing him off after making a whopping 3 substitute appearances in the league would be utter madness (and also expected in some quarters).

• Like 1

Â