Nicklas Helenius

bickster

Helenius isn't good enough. I trust Lambert's judgement.

Is that not an oxymoron?

A lot of them sit near me in the upper holte - oh! sorry - My BAD -misread that - thought it said Poxy morons! :wacko:

I get the whole waiting for next yr thing, I just think by giving him the number 9 shirt expectations were raised for some fans. I'm a traditionist in that manner in that I prefer seein numbers 1-11 on the pitch and playing in specific positions.

• Like 1

I have spoke to him at the training ground & he said himself that he wasn't ready for the first team this season & next season was the one he was looking at getting more playing time .

Still want to see at least a few sub appearances by the end of this season just to get a bit of playing time under his belt.

Can't do any more harm than what bringing on Holt did today.... which was absolutely nothing, not even sure if he touched the ball!

I have spoke to him at the training ground & he said himself that he wasn't ready for the first team this season & next season was the one he was looking at getting more playing time .

Still want to see at least a few sub appearances by the end of this season just to get a bit of playing time under his belt.

Can't do any more harm than what bringing on Holt did today.... which was absolutely nothing, not even sure if he touched the ball!

I agree, i dont understand how Holt can get playtime over helenius, he hasnt scored a goal since August! And that was in the championship.

I agree, i dont understand how Holt can get playtime over helenius, he hasnt scored a goal since August! And that was in the championship.

So the player himself has stated he isn't ready, yet you still want him to play?

Don't really understand why we bought a player and are paying his wages when he doesn't think he's ready to play (and clearly the manager doesn't). Also,as someone mentioned, gave him the no. 9 shirt.

£1.2m (his reported fee) is not a trivial sum for a club in our financial state.

Seems like Lerner is continuing to support his managers in burning money, even if giving them less of it to burn.

It just reminds me that I still haven't quite grasped how this "project" works.

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 1

We can't afford to buy established players so we need to get younger/less experienced players, possibly before there are ready for the PL. Hopefully he is getting better and stronger and will be more involved next year.

Edited by packoman

Maybe Lambert was worried he'd have another good season in Denmark and someone else would come in for him or his price would rise.

Best get him in on the cheap before other teams want him and develop him here for a season.

Although that doesn't explain why he isn't being sent on loan or given some game time here and there.

I can't understand the not loaning him out thing either especially when we signed Holt.

He scored agaisnt Sheffield in the cup so suggest he would score goals if we loaned him down to the championship/league 1 unlike our friend Bowery.

Don't really understand why we bought a player and are paying his wages when he doesn't think he's ready to play (and clearly the manager doesn't). Also,as someone mentioned, gave him the no. 9 shirt.

£1.2m (his reported fee) is not a trivial sum for a club in our financial state.

Seems like Lerner is continuing to support his managers in burning money, even if giving them less of it to burn.

Is it really that hard to grasp? are clubs no longer allowed to buy for the future?

I'd hazard a guess if we brought him next yr for something like the money that Cornelius was brought in for around £9mill and he didn't make an impact, then you'd one of the first to slate the club for bringing in foreign over priced crap.

There were two strikers available from that league, cornelius and helenius. It turns out that neither were ready just yet. The difference is we didn't spunk £9mill on our striker. Got him in early to bed down and adjust.

Good business for me.

• Like 4

I can't understand the not loaning him out thing either especially when we signed Holt.

He scored agaisnt Sheffield in the cup so suggest he would score goals if we loaned him down to the championship/league 1 unlike our friend Bowery.

I'm pretty sure he turned the chance down in favour of staying and training at Villa. Is it Machs something, his agent? think he mentioned he chose to stay.

So the player himself has stated he isn't ready, yet you still want him to play?

Yep, he did better than Holt the few times he played. And its not like Holt starta every game, he comes on for 20 mins now and again, would be a good way to help helenius get comfortably in the league no?

Is it really that hard to grasp? are clubs no longer allowed to buy for the future?

I'd hazard a guess if we brought him next yr for something like the money that Cornelius was brought in for around £9mill and he didn't make an impact, then you'd one of the first to slate the club for bringing in foreign over priced crap.

There were two strikers available from that league, cornelius and helenius. It turns out that neither were ready just yet. The difference is we didn't spunk £9mill on our striker. Got him in early to bed down and adjust.

Good business for me.

Well, like I say, this "project" is beyond me. I can't understand why a player who comes to a premier league club isn't constantly banging on the manager's door to get game time - this is after all his big chance - and I don't see how what he's doing now (training with the squad) is preparing him for a future premier league career. If we're effectively treating him like an Academy player then getting match experience seems crucial and if he's not good enough to get it with our first team, he should go out on loan.

Still, I'll take your reassurance that it's good business and wait to see how the club benefits.

Good business for me.

Well, like I say, this "project" is beyond me. I can't understand why a player who comes to a premier league club isn't constantly banging on the manager's door to get game time - this is after all his big chance - and I don't see how what he's doing now (training with the squad) is preparing him for a future premier league career. If we're effectively treating him like an Academy player then getting match experience seems crucial and if he's not good enough to get it with our first team, he should go out on loan.

Still, I'll take your reassurance that it's good business and wait to see how the club benefits.

It's really not that hard to understand. He turned down loan opportunities to train with the first team. Seems like a good idea to me, get acclimated. Previous posters have given you the example of Cornelius and how that turned out for Cardiff. For 1.2 I think it's a great bit of business and the fact that he's scored when given the opportunities has been the cherry on top.

Â