Nicklas Helenius

bickster

Weimann on instead of the man that just scored, nice. Great way to give him a confidence boost.

Have a word, he would have been the complete wrong type of player to bring on a that point.

As opposed to Weimann, who is always the wrong type of player to bring on...

• Like 1

Just saying. Every single person who has watched him extensively in the Danish league agreed that he's not ready yet and they would be incredibly surprised if he got extensive game time this year.

So yes, I'll take their opinion over yours.

Right because watching someone extensively means you are correct, we've all watched wiemann "extensively" this season but it doesn't stop the manager continuing to play him.

I think the post was referring to watching and taking them training 5 days a week and matchdays.

'We' as fans do not get to see how the players train, work as a unit and interact with one another - we just get to see them 'perform' on match days.

Just saying. Every single person who has watched him extensively in the Danish league agreed that he's not ready yet and they would be incredibly surprised if he got extensive game time this year.

He scored the other day, in turn he deserves a shot.

He scored the other day, in turn he deserves a shot.

Not under Lambert. Kodak was dropped after scoring too.

All i can say is if he can't get a game over wiemann and now grant **** holt then he really must be a million miles away from PL standard, if we never had any intention of him playing this season why not send him back to aalborg for the season?

Eh? What would be the point int that? The reason given for him not playing is that he wouldn't be up to speed with the premier league. Playing another season in Denmark is hardly gonna help with that whereas training week in week out with premier league players (even if many aren't up to scratch) might aid in some way. 

All i can say is if he can't get a game over wiemann and now grant **** holt then he really must be a million miles away from PL standard, if we never had any intention of him playing this season why not send him back to aalborg for the season?

The same Grant Holt who has notched up so many minutes in a Villa shirt this season...

• Like 1

If it's because he's not ready then maybe we should loan him out.  He scored a fair few in the Danish league, which suggests he might do well and gain valuable experience and confidence in the Championship.

I'd be pretty pissed if I was Nicklas.

HOW MANY TIMES he didn't expect to play much this season! Holt coming in doesn't affect him! In fact, whisper it, he might learn something from an experienced strong striker in training every day.

• Like 2

For the reason stated when he signed (it's in speech marks but it's from memory so not entirely word for word I'm sure)... 'Our advanced training methods are what Nicklas needs now. He needs to build up a bit of strength and fitness, and our coaching facilities will bring out the best in his potential'.

Nicklas himself said he was told not to expect to play at all this season, and was surprised to even be on the bench in a few games. Since then he's not only played but scored. He's obviously ahead of schedule (or we got more desperate than we anticipated at the start of the season). 

BBC Sport on Holt doesn't even mention Nicklas as one of our strikers, which is a shame for him. A loan spell might do him good, as he will not play any games now for Villa this season. Same for Steer, unless Guzan gets injured/sent off.How can you develop if you can't play?

Most 2nd keepers don't get any games though? Steer played in all (3!) of our cup games and probably wasn't expecting much better.

I'd be pretty pissed if I was Nicklas.

HOW MANY TIMES he didn't expect to play much this season! Holt coming in doesn't affect him! In fact, whisper it, he might learn something from an experienced strong striker in training every day.

Well it does effect him doesn't it? Before Kozak was injured Helenius wasn't making the bench, and I'd imagine this will happen again now we have a direct replacement for Kozak.

No need to be such a smartarse wannabe ITK about it anyway.

He retweeted this

Daniel Svensson @dsvensson25 21h

@NicklasHelenius sidste weekend og nu savner jeg ham på skærmen! Sæt ham ind og jeg lover han garner.. #AVLARS

Which translates as

Daniel Svensson @ dsvensson25 21h
Saw @NicklasHelenius last weekend and now I miss him on screen! Put him in and I promise he yarns .. # AVLARS

Not sure whether anything can be taken from it but to me it sounds like he's frustrated about not getting gametime

Â