Nicklas Helenius

bickster

This has been said a billion times already, but why are we playing Holt instead of Nicklas? Holt can be a leader in the dressing room without having to play. And come on to protect the lead. Other than that, Nicklas should be the guy.

This has been said a billion times already, but why are we playing Holt instead of Nicklas? Holt can be a leader in the dressing room without having to play. And come on to protect the lead. Other than that, Nicklas should be the guy.

Because Holt is a "Real Man"

Because Holt is a "Real Man"

Haha god I forgot that quote.

Seeing Grant Holt and previously Jordan Bowery starting and coming on before you, enough to destroy any-ones confidence. Feel sorry for the lad, should of least been able to go out on loan in the Championship to get some much-needed experience.

Edited by Avflife

Funny that after a defeat this thread always gets a bump, like he would have come on and scored a hatrick.

He was the second highest scorer in his league, the top scorer joined Cardiff for 9mill and has flopped, I think he might have even gone back to Denmark on loan. This shows us that the step up is great, and time is needed to adjust. For the millionth time, helenius said himself when he joined that he knew the situation, he knew he may not play much if at all in his first season. His agent stated he didn't want to go on loan, he wanted to stay and keep training with the squad.

It isn't as black and white as because Holt starts he is better than helenius. He just has more experience. He will get his chance, but we haven't got 9mill burning a hole in our pocket until he is ready.

Edited by villan_007
  • Like 3

We should have thrown this lad on instead of Bennett. Delph could have gone to left back. After all, there wasn't long to go and we were 2 goals down!

You want to play a guy not yet physically ready for the prem against West ham?

I think we already did with Holt TBH.

As has been said many times before, Helenius is an unknown quantity to the opposition and has looked ok in his VP appearances, why not give him a go over Holt? At least he's mobile.

We should have thrown this lad on instead of Bennett. Delph could have gone to left back. After all, there wasn't long to go and we were 2 goals down!

You want to play a guy not yet physically ready for the prem against West ham?
He looks more physically ready than joe Bennett

I'd start him against Newcastle, Benteke was poor tonight and needs a kick up the arse, unless he is the worst striker the league has ever seen - obvs that's fatty Holt though LOL* - I can't see what harm it could do. Also Benteke could cause really trouble coming on against tired legs if he's up for it.

* just getting the joke in early.

Think we'd fall apart with no Benteke personally as, in form or not (however I actually thought he did well tonight), he is the target man for the whole team.

I would like to see Helenius instead of Gabby at home though.

Â