Nicklas Helenius

bickster

I think a striker and an AM.

Gabby and Weimann are used as attacking minded wide players. Not out and out strikers.

Helenius I think will be rotated in.

Completely agree. We need to get a new striker in purely as a statement of intent or if we get injuries as N'zogbia will probably be out until xmas so that's one attacking option down.

As much as Bowery was a willing worker and did fine at Stoke, him leading the line for any number of games next season doesn't suggest we'll do much.

I hope he's as good as we expect him to be

I hope people don't lay into him if he's not.

Agree! Benteke had a few bad games to start and people (including me were saying another Heskey on board) but that all turned around. Hope he does well and above all stays faithful.

Really looking forward to him leading the line next season, hopefully Lamberts worked his magic again in the transfer market.

All the Danes in here are saying he's not ready for it yet. We need a proper replacement for Benteke to lead the line next season. 

• Like 1

Really looking forward to him leading the line next season, hopefully Lamberts worked his magic again in the transfer market.

All the Danes in here are saying he's not ready for it yet. We need a proper replacement for Benteke to lead the line next season. 

What he said 

To be honest, it was widely speculated by many Belgians that Benteke wouldn't be ready for the Prem either.

That said, I think it is evident that Helenius and Benteke are two different types of footballers so I do expect Benteke to be replaced per se. I guess we'll know more tomorrow after our first friendly where Lambert plans to deploy Saint Nick.

Edited by samjp26

Has to be said, the range and quality of goals Helenius has scored for AaB is far better even than the selection Benteke scored for Genk before we signed him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOyK8nJ3MIs

Bale free kick

Bergkamp flick

Long shots

One-on-one finishing

Headed goals

Poached goals

Ball skill to beat a man

He's even two inches taller than Benteke. A white Yaya Toure.

One thing Benteke had over him was stronger physique but Helenius is already more heavily built than Peter Crouch, and Crouch didn't do badly either.

If you're being objective he's better than Benteke was when we bought him.

Edited by Con
  • Like 1

Can't wait to see how he fair in the Claret and Blue... Considering getting his name on the back of the new shirt.... (Him or Tonev) But undecided now with Benteke being a wantaway (Lucky I didn't get him on the back of the last one)

It's nice to see that his agent seems to be one of the good ones judging by his twitter. @MadsBachLundSEG

Wonder what his "awesome conversations regarding AVFC" were...

According to TransferMarkt Nik is with Sports Entertainment Group and their list of players are here here

i still dont think he will be first choice. We will bring in another striker.

I'm not convinced about that.  i think Lamert was thinking ahead maybe 12 months but doing the business now before Helenius price went up.  We Have Gabby, Weimann, Helenius and Bowery.  i don't think we'll buy another striker (unless Bowery goes and even then i think Lambert will rely on the first three more and so any signing will probably be a 4th choice).  if anything i think we will go in again for the Japanese chap or someone similar, in the creative sense.

PL does has previous for the intention to "go again"

I did wonder originally if Helenius was actually the failsafe if Benteke left and looking at his goals he knows how to score but the amount of room he is given is amazing.

IMO we cannot assume he will have such an easy ride in the PL.

We need another striker.

• Like 1

Helenius needs more strengt in order to score goals like that consistently on PL level - as you have also observed, he is best when he gets a little room, which will not happen in PL (at least not very often). If you get 25M for Benteke i am sure you will buy a replacement. I am not saying that there is no chance that Helenius is able to step up to the challenge already from this season, but it will be a big risk to bet all your money on him. He is used to playing 4-4-2, so will also need to adjust to the new style of play. I don't see him as your front man on a regular basis in this season. Maybe in the hole or on the wings supporting the top striker, i think that is Lamberts plan for him.

I hope Villa get a replacement. Both for Villa and for Helenius. Give him a little time and patience :)

Helenius needs more strengt in order to score goals like that consistently on PL level - as you have also observed, he is best when he gets a little room, which will not happen in PL (at least not very often). If you get 25M for Benteke i am sure you will buy a replacement. I am not saying that there is no chance that Helenius is able to step up to the challenge already from this season, but it will be a big risk to bet all your money on him. He is used to playing 4-4-2, so will also need to adjust to the new style of play. I don't see him as your front man on a regular basis in this season. Maybe in the hole or on the wings supporting the top striker, i think that is Lamberts plan for him.

I hope Villa get a replacement. Both for Villa and for Helenius. Give him a little time and patience :)

So how is his pace ?

So how is his pace ?

not bad for him but he is not really a player that is so reliant on it.

Either way, the danish guy is right. We cannot and should not expect Helenius to step it up this season, I believe he will be a great signing but we should be a little bit patient with this one.

• Like 1

I wouldnt use Nicklas on top in your 433 system in prem. league, Nicklas was most likely bought to make use of the space created by Benteke just around the penalty area. There he can use his best asset, his shot. He needs a partner at the top I think, if you sell Benteke. He is most used to playing in a 442 system. I dont know if Nicklas becomes an instant hit, but he is professional so give him some time and he will make it.

Edited by CocaineNicklas

Â