Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

So where's it differ from it might not all be shite next season (I accept that point but am just going on what the club looks like presently and how likely things are to change in coming week) to it certainly all will be shite if Nigel Pearson is appointed?

Because believe me a manager with Pearson's record in the championship certainly needs to be respected by us in our current sorry state.

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

So where's it differ from it might not all be shite next season (I accept that point but am just going on what the club looks like presently and how likely things are to change in coming week) to it certainly all will be shite if Nigel Pearson is appointed?

Because believe me a manager with Pearson's record in the championship certainly needs to be respected by us in our current sorry state.

Who's said that?

2 minutes ago, coda said:

Big Sam was right.

About what?

Speaking of Big Sam, I just can't see Newcastle staying up actually purely because that would mean Sunderland going down.

Edited by Mantis

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

If we both go down and then next season we're both good - it's not going to matter to us how Newcastle do, we'll be good enough.

If we both go down and then next season we're bad and they're good, it's not going to matter how Newcastle do, we'll have enough to worry about.

If we both go down and then next season we're both bad, then it's not going to matter how they do, we'll both have enough to worry about.

I think the likelihood is that we can enjoy Newcastle's demise without having to worry too much about the degree to which it will affect our own.

Slim margins though. We could end up just missing out on the top 2 because of them.

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

Who's said that?

About what?

Speaking of Big Sam, I just can't see Newcastle staying up actually purely because that would mean Sunderland going down.

I know how much you can't stand Pearson so I'm saying now....if we appoint him it won't be as bad as you think it will be....a lot can change in 3 months. ;) Y'know we will games, score goals and occasionally play well under him.

Slim margins though. We could end up just missing out on the top 2 because of them.

I think it would be good to have another "big" club down there with us to take some of the attention of us and make us less of a focus down there each week.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I know how much you can't stand Pearson so I'm saying now....if we appoint him it won't be as bad as you think it will be....a lot can change in 3 months. ;) Y'know we will games, score goals and occasionally play well under him.

Thing is, I've never once said or even implied that we'd "certainly" be shit under him. There's a difference between not liking a manager and not wanting him and thinking he'll definitely be shit.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

Then we do - if we're ready we're ready. I'm not worried about if Derby win the playoff because the division will be easier without them and I'm not worried about Newcastle and Sunderland going down. I understand what you're saying, i get it, but I think our fortunes next season will be in our hands.

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

Then we do - if we're ready we're ready. I'm not worried about if Derby win the playoff because the division will be easier without them and I'm not worried about Newcastle and Sunderland going down. I understand what you're saying, i get it, but I think our fortunes next season will be in our hands.

I do see your point but the way I see it there isn't really any advantage to us for Newcastle going down whereas there potentially is if they don't.

The only advantage I can think of if they go down is that it might take the spotlight off of us a bit.

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I think it would be good to have another "big" club down there with us to take some of the attention of us and make us less of a focus down there each week.

As we're getting thumped :lol:

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Spurs will still want 2nd.

IF they play properly on the day they cause Newcastle defence all sorts of problems. 

If they do play to potential, yes of course trouble Newcastle, but I'd imagine it's hard to raise your game to full potential when just lost the league.

True but I think a point at best for Newcastle so 37 points for them and still at the mercy of what Sunderland do.

If we can be leading at Watford after 87 minutes, Sunderland can certainly beat them on the last day so I've factored in 3 points for them already.

They will stay up unfortunately. fancy singing a manager in a relegation fight that was too self important to follow them down. They are very lucky the gamble paid off.

2 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

They will stay up unfortunately. fancy singing a manager in a relegation fight that was too self important to follow them down. They are very lucky the gamble paid off.

I honestly thought they'd left it too late, McClaren should've been sacked in January although guess Benitez wasn't available then.

One thing's for sure....if they survive they'll be comfortable mid table if Benitez stays on next season so would be amusing to me if they still went down as you never know what carnage that will cause behind the scenes. 

Â