Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

I fully expext a reversion to the mean. And hope for it. I'd sooner that the Saudis don't have a successful sportswash.

I desperately wanted them to go down last year. 

34 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

They seem to have flushed Targett down the toilet, not even in the matchday squad today.

Will be interesting to see if he wants to move in Jan

I was in the fair play to him boat when he wanted out of villa rather than be back up

Edit - that's not come to Newcastle yet really, us West ham Everton Leicester etc have all been hit with player turnover and what that entails, Newcastle haven't but they will in the next few years, Chris Wood won't be hearing that CL music

Edited by villa4europe

4 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

I have every faith they will capitulate soon enough and join the battle for a top 10 spot which is going to be super tight this year. 

possibly, buts lets be honest, they have maintained this form for effectively 12 months now.....

I think with this Newcastle squad they are all playing gmfor the shirt. They know if they play well and stay with Newcastle, in a couple of years they will either be on the 300k plus salaries, or be worth big money. Its a great club to be at right now. Who woukd want to be dropped and have to leave for a bottom half club.

:D

The clause that could let Cristiano Ronaldo leave Al Nassr and play Champions League again

There is a clause in Cristiano Ronaldo's new contract at Al Nassr which means that he may be able to play in the Champions League again before his career comes to an end.

He signed for the Saudi Arabian side last week after he struggled to find a club in Europe that would meet his expensive salary demands whilst also providing the right level of competition.

Determined not to be left out of Europe's primary competition, though, there is reportedly a clause in his contract that means if Newcastle United qualify for the Champions League this season, he can go on loan there as they are owned by the Saudi Arabian Public Investment Fund.

https://www.marca.com/en/football/2023/01/02/63b2df1b22601dd3108b45c7.html

On 31/12/2022 at 15:14, VillaParkAvenue said:

They seem to have flushed Targett down the toilet, not even in the matchday squad today.

I think he is injured

What i find interesting is the st max situation. He has been one of their main players for years but now they dont even rely on him. Signs of a good side they ahve found another way to win not relying on one player (sound familar) wouldnt suprise me if they cash in at the 50m mark. Can see someone paying that like spurs 

Just now, penguin said:

Definitely no Saudi state-level collusion/involvement in Newcastle though. Pure coincidence.  

I’m sure we’ll never quite met the criteria of “evidence” needed to remove the owners though as is in the terms. 

Id love it if he rocked up at Newcastle.  He would destroy all the hard work they have put in this year

Let it happen!

• Like 2

On 31/12/2022 at 12:43, Dale said:

I fully expext a reversion to the mean. And hope for it. I'd sooner that the Saudis don't have a successful sportswash.

I desperately wanted them to go down last year. 

It's inevitable they will be successful. You buy success in football and with unlimited financial backing Newcastle will eventually break into the top 4. If not this season it will happen in the next 3 or 4 years. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, villa89 said:

It's inevitable they will be successful. You buy success in football and with unlimited financial backing Newcastle will eventually break into the top 4. If not this season it will happen in the next 3 or 4 years. 

Well M utd are rumoured to be close to being sold to Saudi owners.  Wonder how that would fit with Newcastle.

30 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Well M utd are rumoured to be close to being sold to Saudi owners.  Wonder how that would fit with Newcastle.

Won't really make any difference, there's unlimited money for any of these Saudi owned clubs. That's why clubs like Liverpool are trying to get additional investment, they won't be able to compete on transfers soon. For example they'll miss out on Bellingham because they won't be able to afford the fee.

3 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

Wonder will Gary Neville have any issue with that if United start winning trophies again with Saudi money.

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Wonder will Gary Neville have any issue with that if United start winning trophies again with Saudi money.

He was ok working in Qatar. I’m sure he’ll just quietly voice some disappointment about an hour after a game twice a year. 

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Id love it if he rocked up at Newcastle.  He would destroy all the hard work they have put in this year

Let it happen!

"Great job of qualifying for the CL, guys. Now say hello to this over-the-hill diva who thought he was too good for you last season, but will now swoop in and enjoy your hard work. Also, he's being paid more than all of you combined".

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

"Great job of qualifying for the CL, guys. Now say hello to this over-the-hill diva who thought he was too good for you last season, but will now swoop in and enjoy your hard work. Also, he's being paid more than all of you combined".

Man it would be epic i can gurantee it end in disaster 

Â