Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

28 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Yeah let's all laugh at League Cup semi finalists, Champions League chasing Newcastle, the world's richest club, whilst we languish in the bottom half of the table after being knocked out of the FA Cup at home to a 4th division side. 

If ever a thread needed a title change its this one.

Wait and see what they actually do first...

I'll have a giggle if they lose a final and finish 6th, not done anything we didn't yet

15 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I'll have a giggle if they lose a final and finish 6th, not done anything we didn't yet

We haven't finished top half of the Prem for over a decade never mind finishing 6th. Their owners bought them less than a year ago and the progress they have made is staggering. Certainly nothing to laugh at anymore.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

We haven't finished top half of the Prem for over a decade never mind finishing 6th. Their owners bought them less than a year ago and the progress they have made is staggering. Certainly nothing to laugh at anymore.

Course you can laugh at them.

They aren't a football club any more.

However. I'm jealous of how easy they've shown it is once you have money... like we do. Spend badly, you'll never make it. Spend well, you've got a good chance.

Edited by Tomaszk

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

However. I'm jealous of how easy they've shown it is once you have money... like we do. Spend badly, you'll never make it. Spend well, you've got a good chance.

Worse than that imo

I think they've shown what can happen when you've got a happy buoyant fan base who 100% buy in to what you're doing and turn up every week just enjoying football, the positivity and momentum that can create

We dont... I honestly don't think we ever will, its not in villas blood

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

This day last year we had an 11 point lead over them and now they are 13 points ahead of us

Newcastle are doing well but we could be in a similar position if it wasn't for pathetic management choices

59 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Worse than that imo

I think they've shown what can happen when you've got a happy buoyant fan base who 100% buy in to what you're doing and turn up every week just enjoying football, the positivity and momentum that can create

Easy to say that when its all going right. What happens when they hit a rough patch? I bet its not so rosy.

It will happen eventually once a couple bad results hit and pressure starts.

If watkins wasnt watkins and he scored that opportunity what happens then? Could have been completely different 

Imagine they actually finish outside the top four now? The fans wont be so happy

16 hours ago, villa4europe said:

they'd get a day at wembley and enjoy a european tour next season. what's there to be laughed at?

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Worse than that imo

We had it under Smith at times. I remember the huge ovation after we went one down to baggies in the playoffs at home. We would all have a better time if that was our attitude all the time - it's so hard though.

Lockdown and no crowds when we were the best we've been for 15 years was a killer.

Emery's style isn't massively condusive to egging a roaring crowd on sadly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

If watkins wasnt watkins

This is what I mean, that kind of thing is a football / villa fan, we are negative in our nature

I'd be interested to see if the optimism up there means that the likes of Chris Wood don't get the stick that Ollie gets (and Ollie is a far better player) because they know he just serves a purpose for 2 years and then they'll **** him off

We can't be that positive, we're incapable of it as a fan base

And you can say it's linked to results, it's not, it's linked to 5 to 10 years down the line and what they think is coming

• Thanks 1

This is what I mean, that kind of thing is a football / villa fan, we are negative in our nature

I'd be interested to see if the optimism up there means that the likes of Chris Wood don't get the stick that Ollie gets (and Ollie is a far better player) because they know he just serves a purpose for 2 years and then they'll **** him off

And you can say it's linked to results, it's not, it's linked to 5 to 10 years down the line and what they think is coming

Our fanbase is too expectant for what we achieve. Is this bizarre bubble that we should be a top 6 team when we havent fininshed there since 2010 and have spent 3 seasons in the Championship

I think we are one of the worst also for living in the past, which while its good to have the history its just that

• Like 4

We are negative because we then went on to lose the game and lose it bad. Difference with your example if wood misses someone else will step up. Look at almiron the newcastle fans were on his back for years and look at him. Watkins has just got worse each season.

The criticism watkins gets fir his finishing is justified its absymal. 30m is big money for us for striker you expect a return.

Of course its linked to results remember when newcastle were crap? It was more toxic than villa park. Thats a football performance issue. Results go up fans are on the up when its shit fans get toxic. Welcome to football.

Look at arsenal toxic round there for years and now the fans all behind them

25 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think we are one of the worst also for living in the past, which while its good to have the history its just that

I agree with this its very true. Be proud of our history but we need to stop thinking about the past. We haven't been a top 6 club for years but id expect goid cup runs at least not shit like stevange 

15 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Most of their first 11 have been bang average for years.

Besides guimaraes and botman, they havent spent much at all. Havent included isak cus he's barely played

Newcastle had great fans and support in the 90s during the Keegan “entertainers” era.

No surprise there.

Since then the atmosphere has ranged from quiet to toxic.Apart from a brief period under Sir Bobby (RIP)

Until now.

I wonder why that is?

Anyone that thinks good loud support happens when the team is not playing well is living in cloud cuckoo land.

Weve all been following a failing team for too long to remember the Villa Park is more than capable of sustained good support…

When we have a team worthy of it.

Which is what Newcastle have right now.

Â