Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

Chelsea need training, the ownership had a messy summer and Tuchel needed time to get them to gel

Ye but goes to show you the owner has no idea what he is doing removing tuchel and replace him with someone who has won remotely nothing in major honours 

On 06/11/2022 at 23:39, bannedfromHandV said:

Not sure the thread title will be too apt for much longer. 

Everyone said Leicester would tail off when they won the league and it obviously didn’t happen. Newcastle are are a well oiled machine right now, they’ve only lost one game.

And one that they never should have lost which they robbed at anfield

27 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Ye but goes to show you the owner has no idea what he is doing removing tuchel and replace him with someone who has won remotely nothing in major honours 

Potter do seem like the type of manager who needs a few years to get his teams going.

Edited by Pinebro

1 minute ago, Pinebro said:

Potter do seem like the gype of manager who needs a few years to get his teams going.

I have a lot of chelsea friends whi are ST holders and they already dont like potter for the wierd things he does like play play sterling at wing back.

Imagine a maanger played bailey as wing back. We would be furious. So i can see why. Even though they beat us at VP my mates said they desrtved to lose as another day they would have got a tanking. If thats under emery we would have beat them that game

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Real Madrid replaced Rafa Benitez with rookie Zinedine Zidane and rest is history

Not sure the issue is. Are people expecting Brighton or Swansea to win trophies. Tuchel won nothing with Mainz 

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Real Madrid replaced Rafa Benitez with rookie Zinedine Zidane and rest is history

Not sure the issue is. Are people expecting Brighton or Swansea to win trophies. Tuchel won nothing with Mainz 

Zidane was a former player a great player for them so you can maybe understand that one. But sacking tuchel who won you the chanpions league with a manager who has finished mid table at brighton for me seems bizarre. Even our own emery has a better cv than potter

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

Momentum and some very very talented players.

Not the 3rd best in the league though

They're punching above their weight, they'll drop to around 6th/7th but that's dependant on utd, Liverpool, Chelsea, spurs getting their shit together and again when Leicester won the league they didn't

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Not the 3rd best in the league though

They're punching above their weight, they'll drop to around 6th/7th but that's dependant on utd, Liverpool, Chelsea, spurs getting their shit together and again when Leicester won the league they didn't

Exactly. You can't count on other teams improving enough to neutralise their progress. I can easily see them finishing top 4 unfortunately. It's a long long way from guaranteed but they are looking very difficult to beat this season.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MCU said:

They’ll be a completely different team after the World Cup break. They’re being carried by momentum at the mo, same when Leicester won the league. 

This is what I think too. They've got a solid top 10 team but that's it. As you said, I think a lot of this is momentum.

They’re sat in the top 4 and have an unlimited amount of money to spend. Add into the mix that Spurs, Man U and Chelsea look anything but convincing and they’ve got every chance of making it.

They were always going to get there in the end but I didn’t think it would be this quickly. Howe has done a great job there.

Tough spot for them. They could go sign some quality players in jan but then that could **** the dressing room.

Or they could run out of gas after wc as alot of their players are at wc. Tough one. I hate to say it but at present they deserve champions league the way they playing. Unbeaten against spurs chelsea united and city. Thats impressive

Â