Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

5 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

in all honesty who do you take from that team to ours, for me it’s Bruno  and Trippier . Howe is doing a magnificent job.

Botman and Schar too. Probably Almiron as I rated him before but was working under Rafa and Bruce

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Botman and Schar too. Probably Almiron as I rated him before but was working under Rafa and Bruce

Yes but I think it’s Bruno and Trippier that would make a massive difference to our team.

Confidence is such a big thing in football as shown with them. Not might have the best players but they playing for each other and showing deep pressure.

I think if trippier or gumieres gets a injury they could be see a turn of results. If they had that as we did with kamara and carlos imagine what their results would be like

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Zatman said:

Botman yes, Schar no personally. 

Would take ASM, Trippier and Bruno. No one else. 

Almiron is in the form of his life but showed absolutely completely and utterly nothing to warrant any form of rating prior to the start of this season. 

Edited by Steero113

18 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Interesting to see some of them are protesting the sport washing. 

The full effects of sportswashing will be there for all to see when other Newcastle fans begin to abuse this group.

23 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

The full effects of sportswashing will be there for all to see when other Newcastle fans begin to abuse this group.

you've obviously not read the comments underneath the post then!  They are absolutely abusing them in there

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bcarpet said:

you've obviously not read the comments underneath the post then!  They are absolutely abusing them in there

Take everything online with a pinch of salt with Newcastle and City. Their online presence is totally infested with bots and fake propaganda accounts.

There's plenty of those accounts in other fanbases as well of course, but most of them are Saudi/Abu Dhabi in origin. 

They’ve spent in excess of £200m since the Saudis injected their blood money. 

But the squad also had some big transfers in beforehand - Willock and Almiron both cost over £25m - Joelinton was £40m. 

Not to knock the coaching, but the money and prior investment and getting the best from existing purchases has worked.

It’s quite funny how the media don’t really like talking about how much they’ve spent. 

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

They’ve spent in excess of £200m since the Saudis injected their blood money. 

But the squad also had some big transfers in beforehand - Willock and Almiron both cost over £25m - Joelinton was £40m. 

Not to knock the coaching, but the money and prior investment and getting the best from existing purchases has worked.

It’s quite funny how the media don’t really like talking about how much they’ve spent. 

They don't talk about how much we've spent either - which I imagine far eclipses Newcastle's recent investment.

21 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

in all honesty who do you take from that team to ours, for me it’s Bruno  and Trippier . Howe is doing a magnificent job.

Wood barely starts for them. It would be like us being top 6 having one season with Archer starting one game in that run.

Beyond that well Nick Pope showed for years at Burnley he's a decent enough keeper with their defensive stats.

Trippier since 2018 has started a CL final, World cup SF, Euros final and played every game when Atletico Madrid won La Liga.

Botman up and coming defender who they wanted in January along with AC Milan.

Bruno G a top box to box midfielder, completely revolutionized their style. Different type but hopefully Kamara going to do same job for us.

And then in any emerging team you'll always have players outperforming their individual xG or whatever so Joelinthon and Almiron are those types.

When we were threatening top 4 under MON in 08/09, Zat Knight, Reo-Coker and Sidwell were starting regularly for us so don't see much difference.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Confidence is such a big thing in football as shown with them. Not might have the best players but they playing for each other and showing deep pressure.

I think if trippier or gumieres gets a injury they could be see a turn of results. If they had that as we did with kamara and carlos imagine what their results would be like

Think big thing is they step onto the pitch at St James Park and simply don't believe they'll lose to anyone and that is reflected in their results. They've lost one home league game since last November I think.

Go back three years and it was a funeral atmosphere up there with Ashley as owner and Bruce as manager.

Players feeding off the crowd and vice versa.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Think big thing is they step onto the pitch at St James Park and simply don't believe they'll lose to anyone and that is reflected in their results. They've lost one home league game since last November I think.

Go back three years and it was a funeral atmosphere up there with Ashley as owner and Bruce as manager.

Players feeding off the crowd and vice versa.

Expectation creeping into the crowd. They were deadly silent until the penalty against us. 

1 hour ago, pas5898 said:

Expectation creeping into the crowd. They were deadly silent until the penalty against us. 

If they fail to get CL now the mood changes there for sure.

Honwstly of watkins wasnt watkins away from homw and scored would have made it interesting. Just wish the game against them was whwn emery was here i think that scoreline never would have happened.

I look forward to them coming to villa park the game will be a lot different 

6 hours ago, Pinebro said:

100 odd million in a summer transfer window isn't really sport washing yet.

Forest spent a similar amount and so did we 19/20

That's not what sport washing is.

Edited by Mr_Dogg
  • Like 1

Â