Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

12 hours ago, Zatman said:

This day last year we had an 11 point lead over them and now they are 13 points ahead of us

Newcastle are doing well but we could be in a similar position if it wasn't for pathetic management choices

And next season we might be 13 points over them, it’s all good. 

• Haha 1

On 11/01/2023 at 14:39, StefanAVFC said:

Reminds me of the Leicester title winners. Tonnes of juice from average/above-average players.

Free from imPEDiments. 

Liverpools infamous asthma clinic was allegedly the same 

Edited by mikeyp102

On 12/01/2023 at 07:34, Zatman said:

This day last year we had an 11 point lead over them and now they are 13 points ahead of us

Newcastle are doing well but we could be in a similar position if it wasn't for pathetic management choices

Also…. Imagine how the Chelsea fans must be feeling 😂

22 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Look at arsenal toxic round there for years and now the fans all behind them

They are one of the worst fan bases in the country for not getting behind their club. AFTV is been comedy gold everytime they lose a game.

Just now, Tommo_b said:

Well that bets a no brainer! Never finish above them again…. Ever?

Not whilst they have Saudi owners. And if the Saudis ever did sell (can't see why they ever would) it would likely be to another mid East nation.

When did we last finish above Man United? Have we ever finished above them in the PL?

Yes, I believe l Newcastle are so far gone now that we will not finish above them again. Just as we haven't finished above Man United for decades.

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

We'll finish above them this season

They will finish in the top 4 next season and every season after that is my guess. They may even do it this season. In order to finish above them we will need to finish at least 3rd. That's not going to happen.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

I'd be amazed if we close the gap between us and them to 9 points tbh. 

Yeah I'm the same

But I still think they'll finish 5th or 6th

The PL has a wonderful way of being "exciting" because someone is up there challenging for the top 4 and then come may its the usual faces

Leicester and West ham have both been where Newcastle are in the last few years and both fell short, the big boys will get their shit together and catch them

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah I'm the same

But I still think they'll finish 5th or 6th

The PL has a wonderful way of being "exciting" because someone is up there challenging for the top 4 and then come may its the usual faces

Leicester and West ham have both been where Newcastle are in the last few years and both fell short, the big boys will get their shit together and catch them

Maybe this season they will be caught, but they are the richest club in the world with a huge fan base and a big stadium. It's a matter of time now and very different to the Leicester and West Ham challenges.

I do agree that they may not finish top 4 this season.

1 hour ago, GlobalVillan said:

Maybe this season they will be caught, but they are the richest club in the world with a huge fan base and a big stadium. It's a matter of time now and very different to the Leicester and West Ham challenges.

I do agree that they may not finish top 4 this season.

Huge fan base? The met area has a population of 280,000 and most of em that can must be going there as it is. Coventry has a similar size fan base, Newcastle's chances of increasing their support in the local area is pretty limited.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tinker said:

Huge fan base? The met area has a population of 280,000 and most of em that can must be going there as it is. Coventry has a similar size fan base, Newcastle's chances of increasing their support in the local area is pretty limited.

That's just blatantly not true. Same size fan base as Coventry? I don't even know how to respond to that. Newcastle have fans all over the world, like we do, and they get 55,000 a week as it is.

They will attract a hell of a lot more fans now that they are shoe ins for European football and competing for trophies every year. 

Coventry are a tiny tin pot club with several other larger clubs nearby. They aren't on the same planet as Newcastle, Villa, Leeds etc in terms of fan base.

Edited by GlobalVillan

1 hour ago, GlobalVillan said:

That's just blatantly not true. Same size fan base as Coventry? I don't even know how to respond to that. Newcastle have fans all over the world, like we do, and they get 55,000 a week as it is.

They will attract a hell of a lot more fans now that they are shoe ins for European football and competing for trophies every year. 

Coventry are a tiny tin pot club with several other larger clubs nearby. They aren't on the same planet as Newcastle, Villa, Leeds etc in terms of fan base.

Fan base , to me , is people in there local area that could become new fans. Undoubtedly Newcastle have more fans than Cov but they haven't got much scope to grow been located in an area that's relatively remote. 

8 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

Not whilst they have Saudi owners. And if the Saudis ever did sell (can't see why they ever would) it would likely be to another mid East nation.

When did we last finish above Man United? Have we ever finished above them in the PL?

Yes, I believe l Newcastle are so far gone now that we will not finish above them again. Just as we haven't finished above Man United for decades.

Sadly, I suspect this is right, and that we're doomed to finish 20+ points behind them for the foreseeable future (which might be several decades). 

50 minutes ago, tinker said:

Fan base , to me , is people in there local area that could become new fans. Undoubtedly Newcastle have more fans than Cov but they haven't got much scope to grow been located in an area that's relatively remote. 

Local fanbase is irrelevant in the modern era. It’s your global fanbase that dictates everything. How many millions of fans you have in India, Africa, China and the Middle East that sponsors can cash in on is what keeps the ‘big six’ above the rest. A catchment area of 250,000 British people is a drop in the ocean compared with that.

52 minutes ago, tinker said:

Fan base , to me , is people in there local area that could become new fans

That's not what fan base means though. For example, Man United have a fan base of several hundred million and that, sadly, helps them stay relevant even when they are (by their standards) shit.

Â