Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

Wasnt their rumours of some fake rich Saudis intetested in buying Newcastle a while back who were suppise to be loafed but didnt hsve much money at sll ( saudia version of xia)

Hope these are same people 😃

9 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Wasnt their rumours of some fake rich Saudis intetested in buying Newcastle a while back who were suppise to be loafed but didnt hsve much money at sll ( saudia version of xia)

Hope these are same people 😃

Those were from UAE. This time it's the Public Investment Fund. The discussions are definitely going on. But I'm still hoping that Ashley could find a way to not make the deal go through. Although I doubt as his retail business is in trouble at the moment.

I'm not sure if the story about it's as good as done is right. But I think the UK group is pushing hard to finalize the deal. Not sure how will it get affected with Corona, but let's see.

12 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Do they not realise FFP is a thing?

How could they possibly get away with spending £800m?

This is exactly what i thought, i think they are completely forgetting that this is not going to be the same as when Man City splashed out money left right and centre. The FFP rules wernt in then! Although their potential new owners do have the clout to splash that kind of money it simply is not allowed these days!

17 minutes ago, leighavfc said:

This is exactly what i thought, i think they are completely forgetting that this is not going to be the same as when Man City splashed out money left right and centre. The FFP rules wernt in then! Although their potential new owners do have the clout to splash that kind of money it simply is not allowed these days!

Good chance FFP will be scrapped, suspended or reformatted as a result of the virus.

I’d think they’re gambling on that as I can’t see any other reason why anyone would want to buy a football club right now, given that it’s not actually operating and has no clear line of sight on when it will restart.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I’d think they’re gambling on that as I can’t see any other reason why anyone would want to buy a football club right now, given that it’s not actually operating and has no clear line of sight on when it will restart.

sounds like they've gone in at least £40m cheaper than the pre xmas bid, maybe more to be negotiated off if Ashley has troubles elsewhere, same as someone else said in another thread, Adidas shares are currently around 20% lower than they were pre-corona, if anything that would make them more attractive, they will return eventually, these guys have the kind of money that makes waiting for that return not that big a problem either

the con from it if Newcastle fans are able to see past the £ signs is that this is an investment company buying them, not a frivolous group of sports fans, their interest in Newcastle could come from Mike Ashley's returns sheet....they could want to do exactly the same, stay in the PL not pump in more than they need to and take £20-30m out of the club every summer before selling it for a 40% profit in 10 years time

But this group do have some serious wealth.  The prince of saudi apparently is involved and the reubens.

They blow near enough every owner in the league with their wealth. If ffp gets scrapped they will be spend big like city do.

Tbh how can they allow someone like salman own a club after what they allegely did to that journalist? Disgrace

Just now, Demitri_C said:

But this group do have some serious wealth.  The prince of saudi apparently is involved and the reubens.

They blow near enough every owner in the league with their wealth. If ffp gets scrapped they will be spend big like city do.

But for what purpose? 

Citys owners despite all the play thing claims have actually managed to use the club as a vehicle for some serious growth of other interests, the global club thing for example can easily be linked to the opening of new etihad routes 

If these Newcastle guys are purely investors then Newcastle could merely be a vehicle for making more money with their £300m than having that money in the bank

Hard to know at the moment, there have been plenty of rich people who have ownership in clubs and done nothing positive for those clubs 

22 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Tbh how can they allow someone like salman own a club after what they allegely did to that journalist? Disgrace

A lot of the people supposedly taking over Newcastle have had serious wealth. And then it all falls through.

I'd put money on it happening again here

14 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

A lot of the people supposedly taking over Newcastle have had serious wealth. And then it all falls through.

That be hilarous. Lets wait and see but i think ashley is desperate to sell tbh

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

£10 to VT?

I see Amanda Staveley is involved. I dealt with her (in a work capacity you filthy buggers) years ago. Very charming lady. Was always going to marry into money! 

• Haha 1

Perhaps it is time here for a tale of the tape. Mike Ashley: pig-headed retail magnate. Saudi Arabia: blood-stained inherited dictatorship. Mike Ashley: zero hours contracts in his sports shops. Saudi Arabia: beheaded 37 men in a single day. Mike Ashley: showed disrespect to Rafa Benítez. Saudi Arabia: murdered and dismembered Jamal Khashoggi. Is this useful at all?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/apr/16/exit-the-house-of-karrimor-enter-the-austere-and-unforgiving-house-of-saud

Worth a read. 

• Like 1

It will make little difference. Newcastle won’t be top of the list of destinations for most top tier players; Wages: they will have to pay through the nose for anyone half decent.

FFP will nail any ambition, just like us. You can only do so much but without Champions League you can’t progress, and that’s a closed shop. FFP is the biggest threat to football, but those at the top bathing in champagne, flying in private jets, chauffeur driven everywhere, staying in 5 star hotels and emptying holdall’s full of £100 notes on their beds along side the gifted £25K Rolex’s won’t see it that way. Rome will fall in time....

Bruce won’t last long though.

Edited by thunderball

20 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

That be hilarous. Lets wait and see but i think ashley is desperate to sell tbh

He’s been desperate to sell for many years, which tells you all you need to know about the viability of their previous suitors.

That this is a shady consortium fronted by a tall blonde bird (Ozark anyone?) suggests to me it may fall into the same category ultimately.

Â