Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

Why are people shocked, we have a global pandemic killing hundreds of thousands and all these scumbags care about is restarting football for money

Football is now set up like a business first and foremost, at least at the highest levels. Is it any surprise that their decisions are purely business decisions?

I know it hasnt gone through yet but the speculation on transfers has begun. Cavani and Mertens would probably improve the current team but are looking for last pay days and not a long term plan.

They also wouldnt push Newcastle into top 4/6

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I know it hasnt gone through yet but the speculation on transfers has begun. Cavani and Mertens would probably improve the current team but are looking for last pay days and not a long term plan.

They also wouldnt push Newcastle into top 4/6

Newcastle will have to be clever, if they waste a fortune early doors on shite they’ll be hamstrung heavily by FFP.

I predict, as it’s Newcastle, they’ll buy a load of over the hill “names” on massive wages that won’t perform week in week out and it’ll go very sour.

Even a big name manager will only go there for the big cash, so won’t be doing much to motivate the players. Sign, get the sack, leave with £20m. Oh hi Jose.

Edited by Genie

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

Newcastle will have to be clever, if they waste a fortune early doors on shite they’ll be hamstrung heavily by FFP.

I predict, as it’s Newcastle, they’ll buy a load of over the hill “names” on massive wages that won’t perform week in week out and it’ll go very sour.

Cavani is the ultimate Newcastle signing, a big name, a famous No.9, big wage, 33 years old and past his best. The only thing worse would be watching Cavani play under a manager like Bruce

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Cavani is the ultimate Newcastle signing, a big name, a famous No.9, big wage, 33 years old and past his best. The only thing worse would be watching Cavani play under a manager like Bruce

Bruce won’t last long under a super rich owner with his new toy. He’ll want a big name to show off to his mates. He’ll need a big name manager to bring the big name players to the club too.

There's a poll on the Newcastle forum for who they'd like as their next manager, Benítez has nearly seventy percent of the votes, next it's Pochettino with just over thirteen percent, and the other three options are Keegan, Nagelsmann, and Allegri, who all have less than ten percent each. Either way they'll be going for a big name, they'll be wanting to show that they can compete with Man CIty's Abu Dhani owners.

Keegan 😂😂😂

I predict they stick with bruce let him waste money like he did. Sack him. Get someone like poch in. Then float between 10th and 6th.

Be great if they do go down the cavani big name signings on big fees go tits up then they get done by FFP

Has there been any news on who's going to be running the show?

Obviously manager is important but who are they going to bring in to manage the club as a whole? Man City brought in some of the top brass at Barcelona in Ferran Soriano and most importantly Txiki Begiristain.

Can't imagine the Prince of Murder being that daft that he thinks Steve from accounting can run the club.

that's part of the great unknown that the papers are happy to ignore because the stories about allegri and bale are more fun

they're being bought by PCP Capital Partner who are an investment firm looking to invest the Saudi cash, they are headed by Amanda Staveley, does that mean she takes over the reigns? I think the rumours leaning towards this being an Arabian man with £400bn in his back pocket sitting in Mike Ashley's seat come from the previous notion of how football clubs are ran and may no longer be relevant, look at city, the man with the money put another man in charge (also with a lot of money) who then went out and got the ex barca team and city don't have Staveley or the other partners also investing

theres still a lot no one knows but I can honestly see this not being a AAA manager or genuine world class players, I can see them spunking £150m away this summer including at least 1 big name signing but in reality that's no more spent than the likes of us or chelse, everton etc will probably do also

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

that's part of the great unknown that the papers are happy to ignore because the stories about allegri and bale are more fun

they're being bought by PCP Capital Partner who are an investment firm looking to invest the Saudi cash, they are headed by Amanda Staveley, does that mean she takes over the reigns? I think the rumours leaning towards this being an Arabian man with £400bn in his back pocket sitting in Mike Ashley's seat come from the previous notion of how football clubs are ran and may no longer be relevant, look at city, the man with the money put another man in charge (also with a lot of money) who then went out and got the ex barca team and city don't have Staveley or the other partners also investing

theres still a lot no one knows but I can honestly see this not being a AAA manager or genuine world class players, I can see them spunking £150m away this summer including at least 1 big name signing but in reality that's no more spent than the likes of us or chelse, everton etc will probably do also

Yeah unless they bring in good people to run the club they are just going to throw a lot of money away.

City have spent a fortune on developing their academy as well, even with all the money in the world this is the way to go. PSG also have one of the best academies in the world.

3 hours ago, Genie said:

I hope Amazon are going to do a fly on the wall at Newcastle if this goes through.

Might be difficult to find any journalists willing to work with Bin Salman as boss perhaps?

Â