Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

15 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

What do you mean if this happened to us?

Our owners aren't that much behind them in terms of wealth.

We've got the 4th richest owners in the country. We've spent 100+ million just this season. 2nd highest spenders in Europe

Think he means getting taken over by a murderous theocrat with the same respect for human rights as Stalin or Pol Pot.

Edited by sne
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

sky sauce understands that the potential new owners will give steve bruce until the end of the season to prove that he's the man to lead them on a European push

See the source image

wonder if sky are lining up their token defence of those pesky foreigners not understanding our game when the answer is "no he's **** not"

As this season is effectively already over I’m considering this to be absolutely top notch trolling of Bruce.

32 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

What do you mean if this happened to us?

Our owners aren't that much behind them in terms of wealth.

We've got the 4th richest owners in the country. We've spent 100+ million just this season. 2nd highest spenders in Europe

Its where the money is coming from. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

First job aack bruce in summer get a big manager in. Probably rafa id imagine again.

Problem is though even with all that money its bloody difficult to break in the top four. When city did it you didnt have a club as stinking rich as city were. When chelsea did it the same.

Now you have various clubs with really wealthy owners. City chelsea liverpool leicester wolves united etc

Hell if we were more successful you could even argue us.

on Leicester, they've spent circa £400m since they won the league in order to get back to 3rd, they're on their 3rd manager since too, they have a squad worth almost £150m more than Newcastles

its nowhere near as easy as it used to be, if they get CL and go out and buy say Tonali, Fabio Silva, Rugani for £120m then Newcastle spending big money and big wages on big names like Arturo Vidal is going to do not a lot to close that gap

14 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Its where the money is coming from. 

Alright. Fair enough.

Sad reality is most fans including Villa fans wouldn't give a s*** as long as the club is successful

Edited by villalad21

13 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Alright. Fair enough.

Sad reality is most fans including Villa fans wouldn't give a s*** as long as the club is successful

I'd be like to some extent but this seems a little too much to ignore in order to see my team win 

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I'd be like to some extent but this seems a little too much to ignore in order to see my team win 

They will still have massive support.

Not many Man U fans gave a toss that Giggs had an affair with his brother's wife for years. Because he performed on the pitch

Of course human right issues is far more serious than cheating, but still. I think fans will tolerate a lot to see success 

39 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Saw a tweet earlier from some Newcastle fans of upwards of £200m transfer budget, if that's a squad rebuild, I've got some bad news.

Will be just £200 million on one of them famous No.9s they like to go on about ;) 

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Will be just £200 million on one of them famous No.9s they like to go on about ;) 

Harry Kane it is then since Spurs might need to sell :D 

28 minutes ago, sne said:

Harry Kane it is then since Spurs might need to sell :D 

It would be funny if Newcastle raided Spurs for the best players just like City did to Arsenal :D 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Saw a tweet earlier from some Newcastle fans of upwards of £200m transfer budget, if that's a squad rebuild, I've got some bad news.

200.gif

£150m got us a nice comfy spot 1 off the bottom of the table.

13 minutes ago, Genie said:

£150m got us a nice comfy spot 1 off the bottom of the table.

It's a shame we've got a bang average coach

If they get Rafa back or a coach of that caliber they'll be challenging for top 8 for sure.

27 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

It's a shame we've got a bang average coach

If they get Rafa back or a coach of that caliber they'll be challenging for top 8 for sure.

the prized position of challenging the top 8, one of the great rewards in football

• Like 1

Â