Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

23 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

What’s going on with their takeover ?

ahahah... the last time I had clicked on this thread was sometime back in 2017, and you had just made a comment along the lines of "great news that they were finally getting taken over". Given how rotten last summer was for us, we should be sympathetic, but 🤣

• 2 weeks later...

Was always on the cards. Rafa has had so promises broken by the club hierarchy, I’m surprised he’s lasted this long.

now he’s free, I see him as a better option for the vacant Chelsea manager role rather than Lampard (who, let’s face it, has only managed for one season and could do with another year at Derby at least to continue his development)

i know Benitez has already had a stint at Chelsea but he is a proven safe pair of hands with a big club. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Was always on the cards. Rafa has had so promises broken by the club hierarchy, I’m surprised he’s lasted this long.

now he’s free, I see him as a better option for the vacant Chelsea manager role rather than Lampard (who, let’s face it, has only managed for one season and could do with another year at Derby at least to continue his development)

i know Benitez has already had a stint at Chelsea but he is a proven safe pair of hands with a big club. 

That isn't a bad shout as I think lampard is absolutely going to flop at Chelsea. However rafa isn't known to work with kids and under embargos.

For Newcastle not sure who they can go for. Maybe dyche, howe or wilder? 

6 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Think Rafa is massively overrated, but their fans adored him and this'll cause a lot of problems at the club.

He's not massively overrated at all - if anything, I'd say he's slightly underrated.  He's a very good manager.

• Like 2

Rafa impressed me when he stuck by them when relegated. I was extremely jealous of how he steered them to promotion first time of asking. They bossed that league the way I’d hoped we would. Be very interesting to see how this ends. 

• Like 1

Â