Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

11 minutes ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

Really not setting the baaa that high then are they?

Surprised they're not rumoured with big names to try and fleece their fans with season ticket sales.

• Haha 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Because we don't want Smith potentially leaving?

Well is many other whys. Why would Smith leave his boyhood club for one

Why would newcastle want him

Media frenzy over a 1 club town. Again. 

This fuels the jawdees' delusion that "wor club is a sleeping giant !". If that obnoxious gnome Holloway thinks we're half arsed then what are these lot ?!

59 minutes ago, bobzy said:

He's been successful everywhere.  Won the Europa League with Chelsea and Napoli, won the Championship with Newcastle.

The comparison with Sarri - who has just landed two of the biggest jobs in football, in a row - is weird and I don't really understand it.  Benitez is a very good manager, irrespective of what Sarri does.  (That said, Sarri didn't win any trophies at Napoli).

He didn't win the Europa League with Napoli, he certainly wasn't successful there.

The comparison was just that they've both managed the same clubs relatively recently, one manager seems to have a very, very high reputations, the other highly criticised and it's a bit weird to me too.

I can't stop laughing...  There is a Newcastle supporter I know who was telling everyone they're going to win the title within 4 years "guaranteed" with Rafa & the Oil Money.  Gonna laugh when the takeover falls through and they're stuck with "Big Lerch" Avram and no money...  hahaha

2 hours ago, useless said:

Mourinho's last full season in the Premier league with United they finished on 81 points, which in a lot of seasons would have been enough to win them the title, including the season when Leicester won it, and that with a United squad that many say isn't that great. He'd do just as well with the current Newcastle squad as Benitez did, if not better, not that I think he'll go there.

The problem is, Mourinho spunked 100's of millions on building that squad.

There's absolutely no way Mourinho will end up at Newcastle :lol:. There's absolutely no way Smith will end up at Newcastle either.

Edited by PieFacE

2 hours ago, Czechlad said:

What am I reading? Mourinho, Wenger? No this is newcastle. Doesn't matter how good they once were. Look at the club now. No quality manager will take this job with Ashley in charge. Newcastle's squad is pretty poor, and the only reason they are in the premier league still is due to Benitez. No manager will come in and do better than Rafa did especially because they won't get funding.

Houghton, Monk, and Hudson are more realistic hires. If they manage to get Houghton, they should count themselves lucky. I really think it will be some championship manager. 

I don't think anybody is currently alive to remember when Newcastle were last good enough to attract a Wenger/Mourinho tier manager.

Apparently the first Rafa knew that an announcement was going out about him leaving was when a friend told him it was on Sky.

Mike Ashley, always keen to prove that money doesn't buy class. 

23 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I don't think anybody is currently alive to remember when Newcastle were last good enough to attract a Wenger/Mourinho tier manager.

Benitez wasn’t a bad shot.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villakram said:

Good news for us as this adds an extra club to the relegation mix. They were safe as houses if they kept Benitez. I imagine Almiron and Longstaff will be flogged too. Feel sorry for them, with that parasitic scumbag in charge.

We won’t be in a relegation battle. 🙂👍

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Because we don't want Smith potentially leaving?

There’s as much chance of Smith leaving Villa for another club as there is of me being appointed Villa Manager.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Apparently the first Rafa knew that an announcement was going out about him leaving was when a friend told him it was on Sky.

Mike Ashley, always keen to prove that money doesn't buy class. 

Almost an echo of what Whelan said about us, his contracts up, I'd be surprised if they didn't offer him something that he has rejected, he has an agent talking to the club one way or the other

I don't believe the shock when they find out something through the media

If he has rejected the contract what did he think was going to happen? If he hasn't been offered a contract what did he think was going to happen?

Â