Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

They are just 3 points above Fulham in 7th now. 

Yeah the wheels are falling off.  If only we were playing them soon i fancy our chances with full team and carlos back

By the end of the season they will still have had a decent season, one that all their fans would have been happy with when we kicked off this season.

The form they were in didn’t match their xG and now they are reverting to where they “should” be. They will probably feel frustrated that they got so close to top 4 and a trophy but missed out though.

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

By the end of the season they will still have had a decent season, one that all their fans would have been happy with when we kicked off this season.

The form they were in didn’t match their xG and now they are reverting to where they “should” be. They will probably feel frustrated that they got so close to top 4 and a trophy but missed out though.

I still think they will end up between 10th and 8th, does that still count as having a good season despite the money spent last two seasons? 

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Having spent over £250m under Howe you’d expect them to be cementing a space in Europe, not dropping down the table. 

Won the same amount of league games as us this season. 

• Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Having spent over £250m under Howe you’d expect them to be cementing a space in Europe, not dropping down the table. 

Game in hand over Liverpool (1 point ahead) and 2 games in hand on Spurs in 4th (4 points) ahead with their next 6 fixtures being Wolves (H), Forest (A), Man Utd (H), West Ham (A), Brentford (A), Villa (A).

Poor league form coincided with Guimaraes being out, but he's back and that's a decent enough run for them.

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Think about where they were though. This season has been a big success for them. I still expect they will ditch Howe for some glamour name and the £££ will start rolling in. 

6 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Breaking the stranglehold of the ‘Big 6’ usually takes much more than £250m as we know all too well ourselves. 

I think they would have been very happy with top 8 at the start of the season but they may well still make Europa. A Champions League place was always a pipe dream. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Spoony said:

Think about where they were though. This season has been a big success for them. I still expect they will ditch Howe for some glamour name and the £££ will start rolling in. 

They need a famous ex-pro. Someone who can look big egos in the eye. Provide some moments of magic for their much-loved number nine. 

• Haha 3

The reason they're dropping is because whilst they have a decent, sturdy defence and a good keeper, their attacking options are pretty pants.

It makes me laugh seeing Callum Wilson giving it the biggun' when he scores one of his 10 PL goals a season.  Almost like he's in denial that he'll be the first position they'll improve on in the summer :lol: 

Guy is deluded. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

The reason they're dropping is because whilst they have a decent, sturdy defence and a good keeper, their attacking options are pretty pants.

It makes me laugh seeing Callum Wilson giving it the biggun' when he scores one of his 10 PL goals a season.  Almost like he's in denial that he'll be the first position they'll improve on in the summer :lol: 

Guy is deluded. 

Isak should be back soon as well. Missed half the season with a hamstring injury 

14 hours ago, bobzy said:

Game in hand over Liverpool (1 point ahead) and 2 games in hand on Spurs in 4th (4 points) ahead with their next 6 fixtures being Wolves (H), Forest (A), Man Utd (H), West Ham (A), Brentford (A), Villa (A).

Poor league form coincided with Guimaraes being out, but he's back and that's a decent enough run for them.

And I wouldn’t put it past them losing all 6 of those games.

21 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

3 teams fighting relegation, and 3 teams in good form (if you ignore United's last showing 🤣).

Its not the easy run of games it appears to be, but the teams fighting relegation are there because they are shit.  None of them can score so a draw will be the least Newcastle are likely to get out of those games.

They'll certainly beat one of them, and probably 2 or all 3.

2 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Absolutely not a chance. If anything, they’ll draw the majority 0-0 or something. They’re very solid defensively. 

Amazing really how Newcastle  were hyped hype in first half of the season claiming Champions League was inevitable, yet they currently are just 3 points above Brentford, 3 above Brighton (with two games in hand) and 2 above Fulham.

The worst part is though that it might allow Chelsea to sneak back into the top 5

8 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Some of their fans suggesting teams have figured them out a little recently...

I hope they continue to drop down the league...

I would say it’s more likely the league table just balancing itself out. They really don’t have the squad to finish top 6. Player for player they aren’t much better than us, if we took Botman and Trippier we would probably be competing for top 6.

Edited by AVFCDAN
  • Like 1

Â