Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

23 minutes ago, useless said:

Would be interesting to see how they handled it if they did go down, if we thought we and Wolves had an advantage with the kind of players we could attract in the championship, they could potentially take it to another level, but as we saw for ourselves money alone doesn't get you promoted.

They wont be signing half the players they're linked with now if they go down - some of them don't want to take part in a relegation battle, so they wont want to be playing in the division below. They'll have to go down our route of buying what they see as the best of the Championship with an overpaid mercenary or two thrown in for good measure. Wolves had a thought out plan mixed with a lot of luck.

It didn't work for us and it won't work for Newcastle.

3 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

They wont be signing half the players they're linked with now if they go down - some of them don't want to take part in a relegation battle, so they wont want to be playing in the division below. They'll have to go down our route of buying what they see as the best of the Championship with an overpaid mercenary or two thrown in for good measure. Wolves had a thought out plan mixed with a lot of luck.

It didn't work for us and it won't work for Newcastle.

Surely they will all just negotiate a relegation release clause? I'd be amazed if Trippier hasn't got one too

• Like 1

The irony is, as crap as they were under Bruce he would have shit-housed enough draws to keep them up. I'm certain of it.

But the "like-able Geordies like" feeling the euphoria of the takeover basically demanded he was sacked with no real plan in place.

It's a thing of beauty :D

• Like 3

I have a weird feeling that come July, Howe will have been sacked, Rafa will have survived by the skin of his teeth but because of the Everton fans he "leaves by mutual consent" anyway, to immediately replace Howe and take over at Newcastle again to help them get back up into the Premier League. 

Afterall, he went to China to chase a big payday, he may again to Newcastle. He has all the makings of a new-phase Newcastle manager in that regard and is revered by much of their fanbase. 

Maybe.

As for today... I am so proud of Cambridge United (and Plymouth) for their gift to us, neutrals, purists, Mackems, the list goes on.

14 minutes ago, bcarpet said:

Surely they will all just negotiate a relegation release clause? I'd be amazed if Trippier hasn't got one too

Yeah there is that, but who wants to sign for a new club for 5 months, it’s moving your home, to only possibly move again in a couple of months… the top players will sign for teams that are secure. 

they will piss the championship. it's the poorest it's been for years especially with all the teams under transfer embargos and points deductions. those that are left don't really have the finances to sign anyone and newcastle could just buy up all the decent championship players if they wanted.

it's not a given, but i think they'll be straight back. guess it depends who goes down with them. i'm not sure smith will get norwich promoted for example but i'd back dyche to drag burnley back up

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

they will piss the championship. it's the poorest it's been for years especially with all the teams under transfer embargos and points deductions. those that are left don't really have the finances to sign anyone and newcastle could just buy up all the decent championship players if they wanted.

it's not a given, but i think they'll be straight back. guess it depends who goes down with them. i'm not sure smith will get norwich promoted for example but i'd back dyche to drag burnley back up

Totally agree in Burnley. But don’t underestimate that Newcastle are in a proper sh=t mess. They will need a serious clear out and they’ll need to give a manager time, which I’m not sure their owners will do. 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I think people are overreacting a bit. If they do go down this year, they'll romp the Championship next year. 

Have you seen the dreck in that league?

Depends on what squad they have left - and how united they are - Xia showed money cannot buy your way out of the league if the structure is a shambles 

On 07/01/2022 at 13:12, Genie said:

I hope his defending is better than his pointing :lol: 

2-D7-BEDD3-A86-C-4035-877-C-B2-F251-BD61

He's pointing at his employer appointed "assistant" who "persuaded" him to join with a few minor death threats.  It's actually a cry for help. 

2 hours ago, Xela said:

I think people are overreacting a bit. If they do go down this year, they'll romp the Championship next year. 

Have you seen the dreck in that league?

That's what we were supposed to do when we were spending oodles on players down there and paying massive wages. Spent most of our time in the lower half.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sidcow said:

That's what we were supposed to do when we were spending oodles on players down there and paying massive wages. Spent most of our time in the lower half.

If Newcastle do get relegated and they will lose a couple of player, what is left is still head and shoulders above what we had as a squad when we got relegated. 

Its funny they are struggling but they are still in a much stronger position than we were. I think Howe was appointed with an eye on the possibility of going down, and he will manage them next season. 

IMO of course. 

Today saw the first cracks under Howe. Yes i know they are rubbish but he has put on a oretty decent attempt at being strong and fully in charge of their destiny.  They played so well against Manure but there again so do everybody. They spend a day saying how great it is to have Trippier and then go out and lose against Cambridge. They have lost Callum Wilson for 10 weeks and that will have knocked their confidence to stay up. Especially after having no one to finish off any chances. 

I think Stavely has bitten off more than she can chew . An interim director of football because no one wants to come to them . Chasing Sven Botman despite them saying he isnt for sale. Then the other centre half they are chasing who Vickery said makes mistakes every game. Maybe he could be their new Titus Bramble. 

I do think they are in serious shit .

4 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Doubt they would romp it, they will lose saint maximum and trippier. World Cup is in December so those two will want to be in premier league. The rest of their team are not great. They could easily be stuck down there for a couple of seasons.

I agree, all new signings will have a relegation clause and will jump ship in the summer. They will have major FFP issues and they will no doubt be replacing Howe during the Oct Intl break. Norwich, Watford , Boro, Baggies, Forest, Sheff Utd will all be in contention next year. Toon will struggle until they find the right manager and then they will need to give him time. Their future is not as bright as some think

5 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Never rated Howe and still dont. 

As a side note its nice to see Newcastle lurching from one terrible transfer policy to another. Which hopefully will take them down. Good stuff. (nothing against Newcastle I just want all those relegation spots filled up nice and early this year).

They need a manager who gets the club and carries Newcastle in his heart.

download (3).jpg

Howe is a poser. Did ok at Bournemouth but they broke so many rules to get promoted  then when they got up they did overachieve but his signings were duds and the lower league players kept them up. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Midfielder said:

I have a weird feeling that come July, Howe will have been sacked, Rafa will have survived by the skin of his teeth but because of the Everton fans he "leaves by mutual consent" anyway, to immediately replace Howe and take over at Newcastle again to help them get back up into the Premier League. 

Afterall, he went to China to chase a big payday, he may again to Newcastle. He has all the makings of a new-phase Newcastle manager in that regard and is revered by much of their fanbase. 

Maybe.

As for today... I am so proud of Cambridge United (and Plymouth) for their gift to us, neutrals, purists, Mackems, the list goes on.

Rafa is doing probably a shitter job at Everton than Howe or Bruce did at Newcastle. Maybe the fanbase would accept it but its definitely a backwards step 

Telegraph reporting that they're hoping to sort out a deal for Chris Wood this week. Would be strange for Burnley to sell him given their predicament, even stranger to sell him to a relegation rival.

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Telegraph reporting that they're hoping to sort out a deal for Chris Wood this week. Would be strange for Burnley to sell him given their predicament, even stranger to sell him to a relegation rival.

Screams the type of recruitment we did while in the championship 

Â