Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

howe is living off the reputation still of promoting little old bournemouth to the PL. they fact that they cheated their way there keeps getting forgotten. both howe and potter are massively overrated.

had they waited a few weeks they'd have been better off with deano

I’d like to believe that Smith wouldn’t have gone there 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, troon_villan said:

I'll be honest, I don't know the actual wording of the rule book most of the time but I don't think you can give penalties for off the ball incidents.  As Fraser never had the ball and Cancelo was away, that's effectively what it was.

A foul in the penalty area is a penalty. It's that simple. It's not true that you have to be in control of the ball, and I don't get why it should be.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

A foul in the penalty area is a penalty. It's that simple. It's not true that you have to be in control of the ball, and I don't get why it should be.

Agreed.

Keeper was off his feet

Contact was waaaay off the ball

Any pressure Fraser could have applied or advantage he might have gained was effectively nullified

It's a penalty all day long.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Personally, I'd quite like to see opposition players against Man City, in their next game, just start flooring City players all over the pitch whilst off the ball.

I'm fairly sure Pep would agree they wouldn't be fouls.

• Like 3

In Howe's defence - the fixture run they've had - how many points do expect this shit show to get against man city liverpool etc?

Don't get me wrong I want these pricks to lose every game until the end of the season, but I don't see what many other managers do differently

9 hours ago, Jono62 said:

Should have stuck with Bruce.

Nah :D They have 5 points in 7 under Howe so they've seen a bit of improvement compared to the 3 points they got from 8 games under Bruce. Their best spell probably was the 3 games where they didn't have a manager and picked up 2 points :crylaugh:

Ediie Howe was a dreadful choice thou.

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Their penalty shout was so obviously a penalty it's not even worth a discussion to be honest. Very possibly the worst decision of the season

It’s equally diabolical how the media are ignoring it - or again, trying to shape the rules to justify it not being given 

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

It’s equally diabolical how the media are ignoring it - or again, trying to shape the rules to justify it not being given 

But...I thought Newkie Broon Dynamo were a big club now?

14 hours ago, bobzy said:

Personally, I'd quite like to see opposition players against Man City, in their next game, just start flooring City players all over the pitch whilst off the ball.

I'm fairly sure Pep would agree they wouldn't be fouls.

This would be an intriguing (and hilarious) form of protest…I support 

Â