Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

53 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I don’t think it matters. If they have any sense, they’ll have already agreed and signed pre-contracts with around 7 new players who will join them on 1st Jan.

They also don’t need real calibre to escape relegation.  They just need players slightly better than what they have, say on par with Watford, Leeds, Brighton, Southampton, etc.

7 players x £20m players, plus 2 great loans should be more than enough to finish 17th.

Yeah, I think I found the problem.

Also, bringing in 9 new players in January? Seriously? Has any team ever done that before? 

Mike Ashley really did a number on the toon fans 😄

• Like 1

Just now, The_Steve said:

Unless Newcastle sell a load of players I’m not sure how they will get around the 25 squad registration number 

Easy.  You don’t have to register all the players you have under contract.  

They could literally buy 25 new players and not register the 25 players they currently have under contract. 

Pay off their contract so they can get a new club, just have them training every day, send a few out on loan, sell a few in January for peanuts, give them away for free, have some sit at home playing PS5 until the summer, etc.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Unless Newcastle sell a load of players I’m not sure how they will get around the 25 squad registration number 

Sure they can make a few of them "disappear". 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, ender4 said:

Easy.  You don’t have to register all the players you have under contract.  

They could literally buy 25 new players and not register the 25 players they currently have under contract. 

Pay off their contract so they can get a new club, just have them training every day, send a few out on loan, sell a few in January for peanuts, give them away for free, have some sit at home playing PS5 until the summer, etc.

Are you a partial Newcastle fan per chance? 

So they don't register 9 of the players they've already got, then they bring in the 9 new players, in the summer they lose 2 from loans, out of the 7 other players how many of them are then good enough to get Newcastle from 17th to say 10th? So they bring in another 4 or 5 £40m players to do that... 

They end up with 40 players on the books? 

Its not going to be that simple, there will be a lot of players there who's future is heading downwards both in terms of league and money, they won't leave, Clark isn't going to another PL club for more wages, they'll struggle to shift him

And that's before you say they've now spent 2 months struggling to get a director of football, they won't magically get lots of decent players in in Jan

Signing a £20m player on £100k a week who keeps them up but in 18 months they don't want any more? I can see that happening, probably x 2 or 3

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

So they don't register 9 of the players they've already got, then they bring in the 9 new players, in the summer they lose 2 from loans, out of the 7 other players how many of them are then good enough to get Newcastle from 17th to say 10th? So they bring in another 4 or 5 £40m players to do that... 

They end up with 40 players on the books? 

Its not going to be that simple, there will be a lot of players there who's future is heading downwards both in terms of league and money, they won't leave, Clark isn't going to another PL club for more wages, they'll struggle to shift him

And that's before you say they've now spent 2 months struggling to get a director of football, they won't magically get lots of decent players in in Jan

Signing a £20m player on £100k a week who keeps them up but in 18 months they don't want any more? I can see that happening, probably x 2 or 3

If you are not worried about money it’s not a big deal to have deadwood players on your books you can’t register or sell. 

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

If you are not worried about money it’s not a big deal to have deadwood players on your books you can’t register or sell. 

They count towards your wage bill and FFP so you have to be still

10 players on average of say £50k a week is £26m a year

In comparison villas wage bill in total is £52m a year 

• Like 1

I'm seeing a lot of people talking about their 'easier' fixtures to come in January, but if they were that easy they wouldn't be in the position they're in currently, because it's not as if they've only been playing top four sides up until now, they're in the position they're in presently because they haven't been able to do well enough in the so called easier games, so not sure what's going to change in January.

Signing a load of players rarely works out well when done in the summer, would be even less likely to work in January, maybe would work if signing world class or players close to that description, but they probably won't be in the position to attract such players.

Their best hope is that whilst they have these difficult fixtures Watford and Burnley continue to lose games, but I doubt things will work out that conveniently for them, both have got winnable fixtures coming up and both have games in hand.

Some really good things happened last night,  a few injuries,  they seem to have no plan,  unlucky with the goal when they all fell over and the manager looks a bit clueless.

Not happy they got a goal though and Liverpool didn't score as many as I wanted.

They need to be made so unattractive in January that only true journeymen and money grabbers will go there.  A big negative goal difference will help that hopefully.  We need Watford and Burnley to scrape even a few draws and we should be laughing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Some really good things happened last night,  a few injuries,  they seem to have no plan,  unlucky with the goal when they all fell over and the manager looks a bit clueless.

Not happy they got a goal though and Liverpool didn't score as many as I wanted.

They need to be made so unattractive in January that only true journeymen and money grabbers will go there.  A big negative goal difference will help that hopefully.  We need Watford and Burnley to scrape even a few draws and we should be laughing.

To be honest Liverpool were swarming all over them second half.  They just couldn't get through the compact mess. 

Wayward shots, blocked shots etc.  It probably should have been more, especially with Mike Dean refusing to give anything to Newcastle and blowing everything for Liverpool. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Its going to be a low points total to get 17th this season due to the top 3 being miles ahead of everyone. 35 pts will probably keep you up. They still have a chance.

If they stay up they will have to do something no one has ever done in history.

Â