Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

39 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

Their biggest problem is that they needed to fill their DoF role before anything else, and they haven't. Howe is, I'm pretty sure, the only footballing person employed in the hierarchy currently. (I believe similar to when we went down.)

They have no sense of direction and what kind of plan & club they will become. If they do get relegated, what is their plan going to be? Buy the best Championship players like we did our first year? We have seen first-hand what happens if that doesn't work immediately. Do they go the young player route? Again, still waiting on getting a DoF is hurting them more than losing matches imo 

Yep - that’s the major elephant in the room - expect a quiet Jan if they don’t 

• Like 1

I still can’t get excited about them dropping until they’re in total dire straits. They’re still only 3 points from safety.

When you look at the table, we’ve lost more games than them. Be interesting to see if they can get anything at all out of their next 2/3 games?  January is crucial for them.

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

They should just bite the bullet and hire Big Sam.

If it doesn't work it doesn't work but under Howe they are already down.

ah the 'big sam will save them from relegation' myth again

west brom were closer to survival than newcastle currently are when he took them over and subsequently took them down

besisdes, he's already been sacked by newcastle once, he aint going back

they're going to need to spring a few shocks in december. howe did pretty well vs the big teams at bournemouth so who knows, they might do

Edited by tomav84
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, tomav84 said:

ah the 'big sam will save them from relegation' myth again

west brom were closer to survival than newcastle currently are when he took them over and subsequently took them down

besisdes, he's already been sacked by newcastle once, he aint going back

they're going to need to spring a few shocks in december. howe did pretty well vs the big teams at bournemouth so who knows, they might do

Doesn't necessarily have to be big Sam but they need a pragmatic manager. 

Newcastle are three points from safety, when Allardyce took over West Brom they were two points from safety.

Not saying Newcastle should appoint Allardyce, but West Brom were in a far worse position this time last season than Newcastle are now, as they had a much weaker squad with less funds to strengthen in January, and whilst they were closer to survivial than Newcastle by one point that was kind of negated by the fact that that Burnley had two games in hand.

Not sure who Newcastle should have appointed, but with their squad would have been better off with someone who has a more pragmatic approach than Howe, basically someone who's better but not too much of a departure from Bruce. Can't remember if he was available at the time but Nuno might have made more sense, as he's got that pragmatic side to him, but is not a complete 'dinosaur' when it comes to tactics.

We're conceding goals for fun and can't pass the ball and can't win a game. Let's hire a guy who concedes goals for fun and practices playing out from the back to a stubborn degree no matter what.

It's genius stuff.

They won't stay up. I don't think they will even bounce back first hit.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

We're conceding goals for fun and can't pass the ball and can't win a game. Let's hire a guy who concedes goals for fun and practices playing out from the back to a stubborn degree no matter what.

It's genius stuff.

They won't stay up. I don't think they will even bounce back first hit.

fingers-crossed-i-hope-so.gif

• Haha 2

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59657255

Not dodgy at all

Newcastle will be allowed Saudi Arabian sponsorship deals, Premier League decides

Newcastle United will be allowed sponsorship deals with Saudi Arabian companies as long as the Premier League considers them "fair market value".

On Tuesday Premier League shareholders removed the temporary block put on the club since its controversial takeover.

Clubs have been uneasy over the takeover, which prompted Premier League chairman Gary Hoffman to decide to step down at the end of January 2022.

The Premier League board will decide what is "fair market value".

There was a concern Newcastle could sign deals with companies closely aligned to the Saudi Arabian Public Investment Fund that provided much of the finance for the takeover, and which would be used to inflate their spending capacity under Financial Fair Play (FFP) rules.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

If they could get battered 6 or 7 at Liverpool tonight then we are all happy. 

A red card & players throwing their shirts at Howe & some Newcastle players fighting each other would be great as well.

Red cards wont mean anything, they dont have much quality as it is 

1 hour ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

If they could get battered 6 or 7 at Liverpool tonight then we are all happy. 

A red card & players throwing their shirts at Howe & some Newcastle players fighting each other would be great as well.

But I don’t want Liverpool winning the title either.  A draw will do for me.

Â