Christian Benteke

Kwan

Yeah but they have to pay a huge inflated fee if the sharks come in at january. Will be a big transfer so I think summer is the earliest. Hope at least it`s after the world cup so we bag some extra millions :-)

Why would he leave halfway through a season? Would disrupt him in the build up for the world cup.

An extra £100k a week and play in the Champions League maybe?

He's young, the champions league isn't going away and he can earn all the money in the world in the next 10 years. There's no rush.

There's going to be an auction for him in Jan I can see it now.

Probably one of, if not the best player in Europe not playing in any European competition.

There is more to life than Champion's league you know. Maybe I'm old school but to me the premier league is much more important than the CL. I don't see lower prem team players queueing round the block to sign for Celtic and they qualify each and every year.

• Like 1

Cant believe he got booked today for getting booted in the face.

Along with Tony's booking on Saturday proves we are really getting the shitty end of the stick with decisions!

But it won't be Celtic sniffing will it?

It'll be the biggest and best football teams in world football.

Let's just hope he can keep going.

Bigger and better that Villa? Does.... not.... compute.... I must take these claret/blue specs off.

Find me anyone who wouldn't jump ship for an extra £100k a week?!

Champions League for me is a bit take or leave it, but as a player to play for Real Madrid/ PSG/ Bayern/ Manure should they come calling? Look at Bale. He is supposed to be a family man, well settled and in a love in with his manager.

Benteke on the other hand has gone on strike and put in transfer requests and he's younger.

I hope he stays. Let's not kid ourselves if the moolah is offered to him he won't be off(ski).

Champions League for me is a bit take or leave it, but as a player to play for Real Madrid/ PSG/ Bayern/ Manure should they come calling? Look at Bale. He is supposed to be a family man, well settled and in a love in with his manager.

Benteke on the other hand has gone on strike and put in transfer requests and he's younger.

I hope he stays. Let's not kid ourselves if the moolah is offered to him he won't be off(ski).

I know it's a different era but just to show that not everyone in the world is an uber money-grabbing sociopath.

Matthew_Le_Tissier.jpg

• Like 1

No, you asked for an example of someone who didn't jump ship for money and i gave you one, People band wages around and say that you can 'never earn too much'. Well, I am lucky enough to earn way over the average wage (nothing like a prem footballer) and i turned down a job offer because I liked the one I was in. 

Money should actually be more important the less you earn, not the more you earn. Just saying.

• Like 1

I'm not sure I've ever seen a better player in a Villa top. And by better I mean potential to be described as world class in years to come. Lets enjoy him while we have him for now and just hope that the unthinkable happens and we get in a position by the end of this season where he won't want to leave to further his career.

• Like 1

No, you asked for an example of someone who didn't jump ship for money and i gave you one, People band wages around and say that you can 'never earn too much'. Well, I am lucky enough to earn way over the average wage (nothing like a prem footballer) and i turned down a job offer because I liked the one I was in. 

Money should actually be more important the less you earn, not the more you earn. Just saying.

No.

I asked somone who wouldn't jump ship for an extra £100k per week

Now if you turned down an extra £5,000,000 p/a I salute you. I don't believe for one minute you did! Just saying.

So what? Do we have to spend the next five months discussing "how much" and "who will buy him"?

No doubt he will go some day but personally I prefer to discuss his exploits as a Villa player rather than constantly harping on about what he is worth and who will buy him

• Like 2

So what? Do we have to spend the next five months discussing "how much" and "who will buy him"?

No doubt he will go some day but personally I prefer to discuss his exploits as a Villa player rather than constantly harping on about what he is worth and who will buy him

I agree. That's why we should get past August and party 'til 2014! (and posted this above.....)

• Like 1

Â