Christian Benteke

Kwan

Guesses on Benteke's rating on FIFA 14?

I'll go with 82.

It's 79 #believedat

hmm, changed your mind already?

Benteke is still 77 for the next fifa.

I'm starting to wonder who exactly is going to pay the money to get Benteke on transfer after this year especially if he has 20+ goal PL markor god forbid he wins the golden boot.

Clearly his value would edge towards 40 million+. What might work out for Villa is that there aren't too many clubs that could afford to shell out that type of money and even fewer still who need a striker.

United Still have RVP

Chelsea - possible but then Lukaku's growth could get stunted

Arsenal - Laff they could  1 billion dolalrs in the kitty and they'd never spend it.

City - They just spent  big money on Jovetic.

Spurs- Just spent a bundle on Soldado

Bayern- Possible

Barca - No need with Messi

Real - possible if Real is sick of Benzema

PSG- Not with Cavani

Monaco - not with Falcao

Looks like maybe Chelsea, Bayern or Real would be candidates, but I coudl see Benteke staying especially if Villa can finish in the top half and then spend to improve the team to make the push for a top 6 finish in 2014-2015.

• Like 1

I'm starting to wonder who exactly is going to pay the money to get Benteke on transfer after this year especially if he has 20+ goal PL markor god forbid he wins the golden boot.

Clearly his value would edge towards 40 million+. What might work out for Villa is that there aren't too many clubs that could afford to shell out that type of money and even fewer still who need a striker.

United Still have RVP

Arsenal - Laff they could  1 billion dolalrs in the kitty and they'd never spend it.

Bayern- Possible

PSG- Not with Cavani

Monaco - not with Falcao

Looks like maybe Chelsea, Bayern or Real would be candidates, but I coudl see Benteke staying especially if Villa can finish in the top half and then spend to improve the team to make the push for a top 6 finish in 2014-2015.

Dortmund when Lewandowski leaves.

• Like 1

United Still have RVP

Bayern- Possible

PSG- Not with Cavani

Monaco - not with Falcao

Dortmund when Lewandowski leaves.

Even if that is a club I would like benteke leaving for, I doubt they will cough up the necessary cash. My bet is on Arsenal or Chelsea.

I'm glad we have benteke with us, he is a monster...but I just hope we as fans are all ready to accept he'll probably leave next year if he does well?  Let us not forget his intentions this transfer window and set ourselves up for bitter resentment come next year.

I'm just thankful he's giving us one more season to allow others to flourish around the team that was being built upon the foundations he's provided, and a signed deal extension to increase his price.  If he leaves the rest of the team in a much stronger position through his help this season and allows the others to really come through as natural replacements, he'll get my blessing if he must leave.

Of course that doesn't mean we can't heap praise and salute his time here, just need to keep our feet on the ground and bare in mind we need to keep our fingers on the pulse for replacing a big hole in the team if he does go.

Resentment? I honestly don't think I'll feel resentful if/when he goes in the next close-season. Admittedly I flew off the handle and may (*may*) have posted some rash and uncharitable comments on my social network pages about big CB when he put his transfer request in this summer, but I doubt things will play out the same way again. I am firmly convinced that at the end of this season he will be widely regarded as one of the best attacking talents in Europe and we'll be juggling offer from the top clubs and more focused on getting the best deal rather than worrying about keeping him.

I mean, could we keep Messi, Eto, Ronaldo or the like if we'd discovered them? That's how I feel we'll look back on CB. Imagine being able to tell your kids when you see Messi now at the height of his powers "hey kid, we discovered him, made him what he is".

I really believe that's where we'll be with Benteke. In 10, 12 years, telling youngsters, "he got his big break at Villa, you know..."

And yes, I am saying that by the end of his career he will be being compared with the greatest players in the whole world of the past 25 years or so. And justifiably so. If there was a way to bet on such an indistinct outcome, I'd lump all my savings on it...

A few simple  Benteke stats for you:

Since 19 January (West Brom away) Benteke has played 17 games and scored 16 goals.  In that run, the longest he has gone without scoring is two games, and that has only happened twice.  He's scored in 12 of those 17 games, and we've only lost 3 of them when he has scored.

That is quite simply, phenomenal. His importance to the team really cannot be overstated.  

Guesses on Benteke's rating on FIFA 14?

I'll go with 82.

It's 79 #believedat

hmm, changed your mind already?

Benteke is still 77 for the next fifa.

He's gone up 2, just like Guzan.

Â