Christian Benteke

Kwan

Oh ****. Has anyone already realised he's shit? Been getting banter from all my belgian mates all night... Time to go to bed now!

Let's give him time to adjust, people always slag off players that aren't from their club and in the case of Villa fans within the club :lol: Enjoy the banter with your mates, remember every bit of shit they give you and pay them back when he proves them wrong (hopefully).

I wrote earlier in the thread that I wasn't sold on this player but that's more my ignorance of seeing Belgian league football than anything else.

Welcome Christian Benteke to Villa.

Anyone know what squad number he will have???? :)

Fwiw some Belgian guy who seems fairly knowledgeable on twitter posted the following last night:

'Une sorte de Lukaku V.2 , assez lent et techniquement très limité mais il a un bon jeu de tête et bon placement.'

'Mais je trouve que payer plus de 7 M pour Benteke c'est vraiment très très cher .Plus de 7 M pour Benteke c'est l'affaire du siècle pour Genk !'

'£7m pour Christian Benteke , Aston Villa est fou ! #avfc'

which all translates as 'a sort of Lukaku mark 2, pretty slow and technically limited but good in the air and takes up good positions. (placement can also mean investment but that would fly in the face of what he goes on to say....)

'I think that paying more than 7m really is very expensive. It represents business of the century for Genk.... Aston Villa are mad'

I must admit watching the youtube vids of him he looks technically limited to me. I'd almost go as far to say he looks a bit of a donkey in the clips I've looked at, but they obviously never tell the whole story.

"slow and technically limited"

Mmmmm...Ill take that with a pinch of salt from a disgruntled fan!

Good luck to you Christian, hope Real and Barca are sniffing round in a few years!

There's a Belgium Villa fan on H&V who reckons he's worth no more than £1m.

"slow and technically limited"

Mmmmm...Ill take that with a pinch of salt from a disgruntled fan!

Good luck to you Christian, hope Real and Barca are sniffing round in a few years!

There's a Belgium Villa fan on H&V who reckons he's worth no more than £1m.

Why? Has he seen him play often?

You have to remember that there are idiots who post on public sites, just there to grab some attention. However since I have never seen him play Id be interested to hear his evaluations.

a scout's view on him is 'he will be a real handful. big and strong, backs in to defenders. very raw rather than the finished article. sounds like a lot of our signings this window. just hope lambert can get them playing at the right level quickly.

Â