Christian Benteke

Kwan

Is our final offer for Benteke £5.5? thought that was the failed offer? People on twitter and Richard here seem to think this deal is still on, hope it is true. Unsure how Gouffran is also linked though, is he supposed to be a winger or second option if Benteke fails, would prefer both

i think we will know by tonight if he is signing for us or not...

PL knows we are not in a position to put all our eggs in one basket and risk not getting another forward in...

if they don't accpet a bid today move onto someone else tomorrow

Anyone think this could be OGS part ii? Flirts with us, talks about how much of a big club we are, doesnt come gets a nice wage rise?

and we get somebody better :) though im not really that concerned whether we sign him

Is he even a target man? I don't really see what the fuss is about him. He doesn't exactly come with a excellent scoring record in a poor league. Also doesn't seem that highly rated by fans of his club. People comparing him to the likes of Cisse are mad. Cisse had an excellent scoring record in Germany

He has a better scoring record than Lukaku had in the Belgian league and Chelsea shelled out ip to £18m for him.

We've been after him for a while. Perhaps time to draw a line & move on.

3 days?

Alan Curbishley on sky earlier perhaps intimated Lambert has been after him for much longer than 3 days.

Is he even a target man? I don't really see what the fuss is about him. He doesn't exactly come with a excellent scoring record in a poor league. Also doesn't seem that highly rated by fans of his club. People comparing him to the likes of Cisse are mad. Cisse had an excellent scoring record in Germany

He has a better scoring record than Lukaku had in the Belgian league and Chelsea shelled out ip to £18m for him.

Lukaku was a regular at 16 though ?

Oh I know but Benteke is only 2 years older than Lukaku he is still only 21!

It's pretty obvious that Lukaku, and maybe Hazard as stated by Benteke's agent, are factors as to why Genk believe they deserve so much. He's there player, they have a figure they believe he is worth, and don't NEED to get rid of him.

If Lambert really wants him he'll have to meet their valuation, and if he doesn't think he's worth that valuation then he just needs to move onto his next target.

Too late to be bartering at this stage in the window.

We've been after him for a while. Perhaps time to draw a line & move on.

3 days?

Alan Curbishley on sky earlier perhaps intimated Lambert has been after him for much longer than 3 days.

Curbs is ITK at Bodymoor?

Too late to be bartering at this stage in the window.

whats wrong with bartering on what is a huge amount of money, its a lot of money for Villa and a HUGE amount to Genk

Â