Christian Benteke

Kwan

He needs to be told to just drift in to the near post when we've got it wide.

Even with our creative vacuum of a side, we fire about two balls across the ground a match.

He would clean up!

Olivier Giroud scores about 10 goals a season doing this!

Spot on mate!

I'm sick of his, and others, lack of movement towards the near post whenever we get the ball out wide.

• Like 1

Conspiracy theory based on absolutely nothing - but is it arguably beneficial for Benteke to see us relegated as it means he will find himself at another team a lot quicker? He's the only player I think this applies to but his lack of effort/fight and his desire to play at a higher level makes me think he's had enough of carrying this team and would like to be picked up cheap by the likes of Spurs or Liverpool who would come in from him regardless of his form this year as we'd be in the midst of a fire sale... He knows if he turns off there are no other scorers!

Conspiracy theory based on absolutely nothing - but is it arguably beneficial for Benteke to see us relegated as it means he will find himself at another team a lot quicker? He's the only player I think this applies to but his lack of effort/fight and his desire to play at a higher level makes me think he's had enough of carrying this team and would like to be picked up cheap by the likes of Spurs or Liverpool who would come in from him regardless of his form this year as we'd be in the midst of a fire sale... He knows if he turns off there are no other scorers!

To be fair mate If we dont see a few fingers pulled out of somewhere in the next few weeks I think its an accusation that can be levied at everyone in the squad bar Guzan, Baker, Clark, Okore, Hutton, Westwood and the new boys (Gil, Senderos, Cissokho, Sanchez and Cole)

Just watching MOTD highlights - (NOT US !)  - But watching the Burnley equalizer - look at the conviction and purpose with which he goes up for the header - contrast that with Benteke who barely gets two feet of the ground for some of his challenges..

• Like 1

Dear Mr C Benteke,

I would greatly appreciate if you would kindly start playing to your potential. I have witnessed you be absolutely unplayable, and a terror to the best defenders around, and I have also witnessed you be a complete pussy cat, and not be able to hit a large barn door, it is my preference that you refer to your previous behaviour of being a little bit scary for the opposition.

We as Villa fans would prefer that you put on your shooting boots for the remaining 12 games, 13 if you fancy a a trip to Wembley? I understand your team mates haven't helped matters of late, but if you could stay up and be counted and grab games by the scruff and fire us to the lofty heights of 17th i would be eternally grateful.

Would the real Benteke please stand up.

Yours Faithfully,

Villan-Scott

Suppose people still think I'm mad for suggesting we sell this waste of space.

It isn't that simple, is it? You can't just say 'sell him', click your fingers, and he's gone. You need another team to place a bid for a player. Have you heard of any team bidding for him?

I haven't said anything regarding the ins/outs of selling a player.

When lambert came out with his ridiculous comments saying 25m wouldn't buy his left boot, I said that we'd be mad to turn down a big offer like that for a striker who has scored about 12 goals in nearly 2 seasons.

In response, many found my opinion ludicrous.

Suppose people still think I'm mad for suggesting we sell this waste of space.

It isn't that simple, is it? You can't just say 'sell him', click your fingers, and he's gone. You need another team to place a bid for a player. Have you heard of any team bidding for him?

I haven't said anything regarding the ins/outs of selling a player.

When lambert came out with his ridiculous comments saying 25m wouldn't buy his left boot, I said that we'd be mad to turn down a big offer like that for a striker who has scored about 12 goals in nearly 2 seasons.

In response, many found my opinion ludicrous.

Never understood people gloating about their prediction coming true (especially one that is detrimental to their team) 

• Like 2

At the time, he was a 20 goal a season striker. Those players do go for big money. Yes, for whatever reason he's completely lost it, and is barely worth anything now, but that wasn't predictable at the time. You can't expect the club to plan on the basis that all of their players will get worse. 

What's there to gloat about? Just wondered if people still think I'm mad to suggest such a thing.

Again, my suggestion wasn't mind blowing. Another thing just staring us all in the face if you ask me.

It doesn't really matter what you intended, because it reads as 'Look at me everybody, I was right!' IMO of course.

Edited by StefanAVFC

Tekkers is obviously a highly talented goalscorer. You only have to see the quality of the goals he scores to deduce that.

The problem, as I see it, is that he's being asked to play as a kind of Heskyesk battering ram just because of his size. It doesn't suit his style. He needs the ball at his feet (or chest) with a yard of space so he can create his own chances.

But because our other forwards have been so shite and static this rarely (if ever) happens. Look at the three goals he has scored since coming back - all of his own making.

It was about 3/4 weeks ago lol.

Well, in that case, to return to my original point, there was nobody bidding for him then, so whoopte-doo, congratulations for correctly saying we should sell a player no-one was trying to buy. Do I need to buy a bouquet of flowers and a magnum of champagne for everyone saying we should sell N'Zogbia and Agbonlahor as well?

It was about 3/4 weeks ago lol.

Well, in that case, to return to my original point, there was nobody bidding for him then, so whoopte-doo, congratulations for correctly saying we should sell a player no-one was trying to buy. Do I need to buy a bouquet of flowers and a magnum of champagne for everyone saying we should sell N'Zogbia and Agbonlahor as well?

No, just not call them mad. Not saying it was you btw.

Â