Christian Benteke

Kwan

Going to spurs wouldn't slow him down, going to arsenal might. He wouldn't be a starter every match at arsenal, in fact i'd be surprised if he started 22+ league games if he joined them. At spurs it would be 38 games barring injury. He'd be playing in europe, and  he'd have a much bigger chance of getting a massive move in short order. Nobody's saying moving to spurs would be a career definer, or something he should aspire to, but it's a far more sensible move for a 22 year old with promise than moving to a massive club after one good season in a decent league. There'd be less pressure there, they play attacking football and he'd be the main man again. There's a reasonably high chance he'd disappear quite quickly if he went to a massive club to play bit part for a season or two

**** Spurs.

I hope they finish 5th and lose Bale. Then there's a strong chance that a Benteke-inspired Villa can finish above them next season and put an end to all the speculation from Spuds fans dreaming that they might snap up Benteke for a bargain 15 million.

You'd be thinking at least 25m for this guy.

I know it was crazy, but Carroll went for 35m. Benteke is already twice the player Carroll ever will be. 

We don't do too well when we sell our best players.

We desperately need to hold on to him for one more season. 

Hate this talk about which club is best for him. Right now he's our player and that's all I care about. Anyway if Spurs don't make the top 4 there's no real benefit him going there. They are pretty much a one man team anyway and if they loose Bale they may not make the top 4 for years to come.

You'd be thinking at least 25m for this guy.

I know it was crazy, but Carroll went for 35m. Benteke is already twice the player Carroll ever will be. 

We don't do too well when we sell our best players.

We desperately need to hold on to him for one more season.

The £35m Liverpool paid for Carroll is a measure of just how **** stupid Liverpool were and not a reflection on his ability. He can never be used in a comparison of transfer fees.

We need to offer him an improved deal and agree that if we're not say, in the top 6/8 at the end of next season he can move on with our blessing.

Been trying to think for weeks who he reminds me of , all this raw rugged talent at 21 !

Mike Tyson at a similar age.

They have the same eyes, the same stare / glare.

Who was the last villa player to score a hatrick in front of the Holte (all 3?)

Carew versus Newcastle.

Were all 3 at the Holte goal ?

Yes. 1-0 down at half time to Michael Owen goal. Bouma scored his first goal for the club with a wicked deflection and then Carew got the hattrick. My first time to Villa Park. I was in Lower Holte 6  :D

Edited by Kiwivillan

Oh yeah, I remember that Bouma Boomer.

Dribbled over the line from a right foot swinger, great stuff.

I was near the left corner flag and the shot was heading towards it till the deflection off Carr :lol:

http://m.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/apr/30/christian-benteke-aston-villa?CMP=twt_gu

Delph positive Benteke isn't going anywhere. I think we may see a new contract being negotiated as soon as were mathematically safe

Great news, if it happens.

Now there is a contract I'd like to read through, future transfer criteria and all. Instead we'll be left guessing based on media knowledge which is usually pure supposition or erroneous anyway.

I wonder what value the board and Lambert will value Benteke at this summer, both in terms of contract offer and accepting a possible bid. I'll start the guessing at £50k/week or sell at £25m by RL and £70k/week or sell at £35m (based on getting it all for buying players) by PL. Just guessing like, as the makems say.

We all know the bid acceptance value can be forced by player/agent antics but with the World Cup next year, hopefully Christian will have a lot more sense.

Nearly forgot to add, I think CB is rather good.

Edited by brommy

Â