Christian Benteke

Kwan

Every week I wonder how in the hell no-one else knew of this guy.  They sure as shit know about him now.  We'll have him for next season unless someone bids £30m and not a penny less.   Dwight Yorke is the last youngster I remember Villa having with as much promise as this guy.  He's a once in a generation player for us.

He's scored 18 goals in his first season for us. Gabby has 62 in what, eight seasons now? He only needs to stay with us for a few more seasons and he could easily be our top scorer. Not that I think we'll hold onto him long enough for that to happen of course, but it's quite an exciting way to think of things.

He's probably one of the best young strikers in world football right now, so yes its going to be difficult to keep hold of him. I just hope we have him next season. After-all he's happy at Villa and might find it more difficult at Spurs or Arsenal.

He will have my blessing if he wants to leave, providing he doesn't do a Barry. He deserves to be in a better team, I kind of want to see him in a better team to see if he will become the world class striker he could be.

It's been a privilege watching him this season.

I honestly think he's priced himself above Spurs' price range with that hat-trick.

I dunno, if they sell Bale they'll probably have a lot of money lying around.

That said, I think better clubs than Spurs will be in for him.

I think, looking at the new TV money and the wages likely to be freed up, that there's about 150k-200k per week worth of room on the wage bill for next season.

I'd not be surprised to see Benteke in claret & blue and on 100k per week.

I hope that with the position we've found ourselves in, the club have learned that we can't keep letting our best players go. Hopefully Benteke won't kick up a fuss if we start turning down offers for him.

18 league goals for a team battling relegation for the season...Imagine what this guy could have done if he'd been playing up front instead of the likes of Carew and Heskey a few years back in that side. We should give him every damn penny he wants, and start to build the team around him.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

He has had a wonderful season and if he continues this development will be an awesome player.

But all this talk of giving him £100k a wk is ludicrous. That would be an approximate 500% increase. If we did that this yr and he repeats hi success next yr we going to increase by that much again? Part of Lamberts mantra is to get hungry to succeed players. Giving CB that have may stop his development and he may think he has already made it. In my eyes a 1 yr extension and 50% increase would keep him happy if we promised to increase again following another blinding season

Yeah I do worry about him forcing a move once a bigger club comes in for him. Really, I'd like him to stay for just one more season so this team can grow together a little bit. I hope he stays for one more year, i really do. 

Every week I wonder how in the hell no-one else knew of this guy.  They sure as shit know about him now.  We'll have him for next season unless someone bids £30m and not a penny less.   Dwight Yorke is the last youngster I remember Villa having with as much promise as this guy.  He's a once in a generation player for us.

Mcleish reckons he was going to sign him anyway.

Yeah I do worry about him forcing a move once a bigger club comes in for him. Really, I'd like him to stay for just one more season so this team can grow together a little bit. I hope he stays for one more year, i really do. 

Think we have to accept that may happen. If he wants to go there is little we can do about it. I just hope lambert gets the money to buy some better players - If we sell him for £30m and buy Troy Deeeney and Dale Stephens, then I will be seriously pissed off.

Â