Christian Benteke

Kwan

Remember when we signed him and people on here moaned because they didn't know who he was / he didn't have a big name?

Not really, no. I know for a fact that I was excited and posted on here how much I love target men.

Remember when we signed him and people on here moaned because they didn't know who he was / he didn't have a big name?

Yeah..

I know myself I was a bit like "mehhhh..." when we signed him. But as soon as I saw him on his debut against Swansea I was happy to be so wrong! He is such a complete striker. 

Right first up I am not taking this shit of 'bigger' clubs buying bentenke. Spurs and the like are just richer than us currently. Most clubs Villa can eat for  breakfast and crap them out before lunch. I just hope we can give him a bigger contract and he hangs around for a few more years yet. I really think it will aid his development in the long run if he has the time to learn his craft at villa for a couple more years. Eventually he will go to a moneybags fc, but hopefully not this summer.

This has probably already been mentioned but last night's heroics took him to 30 (4 for Genk, 4 for Neds, 22 for Villa) in 53 (8 for Genk, 8 for Ned, 37 for Villa) for the season.

ned? u mean Belgium?

Haha yes I do. Some bunch of foreigners anyway :P

When we were first linked a few of the Belgian guys came on and said he was a good player but very raw and inconsistent. I don't think anyone would really have guessed he would have the impact he has had.

If you look back at the first 10-12 games he played there were lots of frustrating moments with our players just not on the same wavelength as him. Now, if you look at the chance he set up for Gabby yesterday in the first half you can see how much better he is when he has teammates around him who know what to expect from him and vice versa. Because at Villa he is numero uno, and we build the team around him he is absolutely flying, but you can be guaranteed that if he goes to an Arsenal or a Liverpool where he is not the centre of the team or even in and out of the team he will be nowhere as prolific.

This, hopefully, is something he can see and that those around him need to remind him off. From what I have read, his Dad is very influential and a straight up the line military guy. Hopefully Christian would pay more attention to Dad than that agent who seems to be spruiking him to all and sundry.

Edited by Ponky

To break Yorke's record for most goals in a Premier League season in his first season is phenomenal. If we can keep ahold of him this summer I'm very enthused about next year.

Edited by Phumfeinz

Is his twitter account real? Seen a tweet where he says something like he tried to put the highlights onto redtube but they don't accept rape. I'll admit laughed my ass off. :-D

he's got a twitter but that one isn't it.

What impresses me about him is that everyone's known what he's about for quite some time now yet he's still absolutely raping opposing defences. There's just no stopping him.

Edited by Mantis

On his debut against Swansea a few of us where I was sat likened him to a young Drogba. I have seen nothing to change my mind. Goodness me he has everything to become a world superstar.

Â