Christian Benteke

Kwan

This will sound a bit ridiculous, but I'd start Bent ahead of him on Saturday. Purely because they'll be set up to try to stifle him, and if he's not starting they'll have the wrong system to play against us. Then after around 50 minutes, I'd bring him on for Bent so they have to reshuffle again. Could result in a goal or two each half if it all went well

This will sound a bit ridiculous, but I'd start Bent ahead of him on Saturday. Purely because they'll be set up to try to stifle him, and if he's not starting they'll have the wrong system to play against us. Then after around 50 minutes, I'd bring him on for Bent so they have to reshuffle again. Could result in a goal or two each half if it all went well

Though I can see your logic, when you're scraping for points you just simply dont not play a player like this man. He's just too good to leave out.

Though I can see your logic, when you're scraping for points you just simply dont not play a player like this man. He's just too good to leave out.

Normally I'd agree 100%. I just think that, given he's often scored his goals in spurts and then gone a few without a goal, maybe shaking norwich up completely and letting him come on against a disjointed defence would play to everyone's strengths

Of course, starting him hardly has its downsides like :lol:

I can see where you're coming from but them seeing Benteke not in the starting line-up will give them a massive boost. We need their defenders scared shitless from the first minute.

Yeah he is unplayable at moment. Might not matter what way Norwich set up to handle him. And on focusing on him take players away from gabby and wienman

I'd have just stopped at "This sounds a bit ridiculous". ;)

Maybe Real should try that tomorrow by resting Ronaldo ;)

He's scored 18 goals in his first season for us. Gabby has 62 in what, eight seasons now? He only needs to stay with us for a few more seasons and he could easily be our top scorer. Not that I think we'll hold onto him long enough for that to happen of course, but it's quite an exciting way to think of things.

Â