Christian Benteke

Kwan

Beat Norwich on the Saturday, offer fat new contract to Benteke on the Monday. Keep him sweet with a big salary bump and a release clause that only the big clubs - not second tier outfits like Spurz - will be able to afford.

• Like 1

He would really make a wrong move if he went to spurs, dumbest thing he could do imo

Agree it would make the next step(a real quality club) a lot harder, as Spurs are great at getting premium prices for their players.

He would really make a wrong move if he went to spurs, dumbest thing he could do imo

Don't think it would be. Be a lot better than moving to anyone else in the league bar Man Utd and Man City and he wont start games there.

He would be ahead of Defoe and Adeybayor and they play the same formation as us, two quick wingers, lots of attacking play around him.

If he is going to move to a prem club then Spurs is probably the best for him actually.

Don't think it would be. Be a lot better than moving to anyone else in the league bar Man Utd and Man City and he wont start games there.

He would be ahead of Defoe and Adeybayor and they play the same formation as us, two quick wingers, lots of attacking play around him.

If he is going to move to a prem club then Spurs is probably the best for him actually.

I was thinking earlier that Fergie may look to Benteke rather than Lewandowski tbh, will already have a year of Prem experience under his belt and has shown he can do it here.

I don't think Fergie will be looking for a striker if he keeps Rooney, RVP, Hernandez and Welbeck.

If we are to believe 'rumours', it is probably likely he flogs Hernandez and brings in somebody else - presumably Lewandowski who he keeps stating his admiration for.

Benteke for Man Utd? Not going to happen. They have too many options already and seldom need strong players to succeed, they never rely on winning headers and holding the ball up. Sure would Fergie swap Welbeck for Benteke? Why not, but he wouldn't do it for 30M as it really wouldn't change much for them. Man Utd have 30 goals in Van Persie, they have smartness and aggression in Rooney, they have pace and width with Welbeck and poaching from Hernandez.

Edited by Papillon

IMO Spurs would be the ideal club for him. He'd be guaranteed game time, he'd be playing at the top end of the table, but he wouldn't have the stuff that'd come alongside moving to someone like United or Arsenal. His best option is stay for another year and prove he's not a one season wonder, but if he were to move and I was his agent, I'd be looking at a club like spurs to take him gradually up the ladder

Yeah I too admit Spurs would be a perfect move for him. A better as well as very healthy club built on sound values, I also have to admit. They don't buy mercenaries and their spirit is high every game, unlike Man City and such where several players just don't give a shit every once in a while. He is also guaranteed lots of games, especially if they don't get their hands on another top-drawer. His salary would be high enough and he would play in Europe, maybe even in the Champions League if they deliver in the next few games. I would never want to see Benteke leave for Man City or Chelsea, but I reckon they will buy one of the top dogs anyway. Benteke is our jewel, but he isn't a proven quantity in the Champions League when it comes to pressure and high level games. Chelsea and City will look at Cavani, Falcao et al as we all know. Remember City having players like Dzeko, who would score as many goals as Benteke for us. He is completely marginalized up there, but I bet you he would excel at every other club. 

I dread Liverpool coming in for him though. They need a striker and we know that club is very much a big club in the eyes of most players around Europe, no matter if they are in Europe or not. My prediction this season is actually that Man City buy Luis Suarez, just wait for the news to happen! They will get 45M for him or something similar, and would they get to replace him? Benteke would be a solid pick...

I wouldn't hate him for leaving us, and if he does we will get a very nice price for him anyway. I REALLY hope he stays though.

So we've just spanked Sunderland 6-1 and I'm on cloud 9, I then get a text when coming out of the round forms. Spurs supporting mate saying "can't wait to see Benteke playing in a sours shirt next season" BUMP, back down to earth, please no!

He's too good for them.

No I disagree with you guys. The hell..spurs is the best choice? No, imo it would make more sense if he went to arsenal if anything. He says that is the club he admires, going to spurs would only slow him down. If he is going to leave us, then I rather see him go for one of the bigger clubs, not frickin spurs. Manu or arsenal in england, or something like borussia dortmund or whatever. Besides, why would he go for spurs now? Seems like an odd choice. I don`t know, I just don`t wanna see him go there so I am looking for excuses. NO don`t there benteke, I would literally hate you if you did  :(

Â