Christian Benteke

Kwan

Regardless of whether you have any understanding of betting odds,, gambling your money on whether player is going to leave or stay is pretty stupid in my opinion. I'm surprised it's allowed.

Why is it any more stupid than any other gambling?

I didn't say it was any more stupid than other gambling. I wouldn't gamble on something that I didn't know the outcome of, either way your basically throwing your money down the drain..

what. thats the whole point of gambling. Isnt it essentially the definition of gambling lol?

your original post made it sound like you dont get why people bet on players moving, but you get other types of gambling e.g. betting on results etc

but yeh youre right that youre throwing money down the drain with nearly all forms of gambling. Depends what you get out of gambling though

Edited by gharperr
  • Like 1

Regardless of whether you have any understanding of betting odds,, gambling your money on whether player is going to leave or stay is pretty stupid in my opinion. I'm surprised it's allowed.

Why is it any more stupid than any other gambling?

I didn't say it was any more stupid than other gambling. I wouldn't gamble on something that I didn't know the outcome of, either way your basically throwing your money down the drain..

:lol:

• Like 1

he surprised us all once by staying.

watch him stay again.

Please no, As a player I rate him as one of the best forwards I have seen but I'm over this every transfer window.

If he doesn't go now it will continue, he wants out so provided we get the buy out clause then I'm happy for him to go.

That said if he was doing everything legal to keave then he should once again put in a transfer request.

Benteke's goals, in two of the last three seasons, kept us up. Guzan was probably the reason we stayed up in that third season. My concern is, if both leave this summer, and they are not replaced adequately enough, and if other signings are not of the quality to strengthen us, we may finally slip through the trap door. I don't mind Villa selling Benteke if he no longer wants to play for us and they get the right price for us. But, they need to ensure they spend that money wisely and we need to remind ourselves that the manager with the task of replacing these players is a man with no experience of signing players other than Micah Richards which, to be fair, was a good start.

My hopes towards the end of last season was that it was the last time we will be fighting relegation, at least for the near future, and that we would be looking forward to a nice, comfortable, mid-table finish next season. But, if Benteke, Vlaar, Delph and Guzan were to go I would be changing those hopes to just staying up next season.

I agree with you first paragraph. I would be disappointed to see Beneteke go but I don't think it's cut and dried he will. What is clear though is he will not go for less than the buy out and I doubt we will accept over valued cast offs to make up the price.

As for your second paragraph Vlaar is too injury prone and has erratic form and we have signed Richards as his replacement, Delph is going nowhere it was all stoked up by that rocket polisher Nursey in the Mirror. As for Guzan I am relaxed. I could well see the club having just Given and Steer which could be good shout in the longer term.

Somewhere there are Valencia fans watching buffering clips on YouTube thinking "**** me, this guy is summat".

Has someone from YouTube done something bad to you today?

I think I've got it out of my system now :)

Interesting...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/defiant-aston-villa-include-christian-5983067

"Aston Villa have defiantly included Christian Benteke in their kit launch teaser - despite continued interest from Liverpool and Tottenham."

Defiantly?

HE'S OUR BLOODY PLAYER!

Edited by Dante_Lockhart
  • Like 4

Interesting...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/defiant-aston-villa-include-christian-5983067

"Aston Villa have defiantly included Christian Benteke in their kit launch teaser - despite continued interest from Liverpool and Tottenham."

Defiantly?

HE'S OUR BLOODY PLAYER!

Now, now. Don't be silly. We are being defiant by not selling up to everyone's favourite second team on their terms.

• Like 1

If Liverpool won't pay more than £25m for him, who would fans be happy to accept in a player plus £25m deal? It's a big ask but I'd take Ibe plus that amount as that kid looks quality.

danny ings or sturridge haha

no on a serious note none of there ' get them off the wages ' players

match the clause or go away.just cuz there liverpool and the majority of the media want him to go there we have cave in?

feck that.pay up or shut up

If Liverpool won't pay more than £25m for him, who would fans be happy to accept in a player plus £25m deal? It's a big ask but I'd take Ibe plus that amount as that kid looks quality.

Coutinho 

Â