Christian Benteke

Kwan

Didn't say he was the answer, I meant I'd be ok with having him in the squad. Already sort of addressed in the post why a basic comparison with Weimann like that lacks context - different roles, different teams. To expound, I'm willing to bet that Weimann's best season looks a hell of a lot different playing off Jozy Altidore.

Another day another sneaky report by the bin dippers via the rags.

If you "categorically" won't pay the 32.5m release clause then you can categorically enjoy watching the same useless forwards once again fail in your red shirt.

We don't want your cast off's, nor this continual underhanded way you feed your media lovers stories of what you want.

Put up or shut up now because it's get boring now reading your daily whining.

• Like 4

Didn't say he was the answer, I meant I'd be ok with having him in the squad. Already sort of addressed in the post why a basic comparison with Weimann like that lacks context - different roles, different teams. To expound, I'm willing to bet that Weimann's best season looks a hell of a lot different playing off Jozy Altidore.

To be honest, I wouldn't want him in the squad - I don't think he can really offer us anything new or different.

Independent article has Liverpool categorically refusing to pay the release clause though suggestion they could add Lamber to Borini  to the bid ... 

That's like in Football Manager when you don't have enough money to buy someone so you just desperately add players you don't need into the deal in the hope they'll accept it.

They never do.

• Like 2

I'd take Lambert, but not if it involved sending Benteke the other way. Benteke, I very much doubt Lambert enjoys sitting on the bench and will probably want to potentially get his England career back on track before the Euros. 

He'll be 34 by the time the Euros happen, he's more likely to retire next summer than make the England squad. As a potential makeweight in a deal for Benteke, I don't think he carries much value at all.

I still think if we got him for say 1-2 million, he'd be a decent pick up. Look what Luca Toni is doing in Italy at his age. 33 is not that old. 

I'd take Lambert, but not if it involved sending Benteke the other way. Benteke, I very much doubt Lambert enjoys sitting on the bench and will probably want to potentially get his England career back on track before the Euros. 

He'll be 34 by the time the Euros happen, he's more likely to retire next summer than make the England squad. As a potential makeweight in a deal for Benteke, I don't think he carries much value at all.

I still think if we got him for say 1-2 million, he'd be a decent pick up. Look what Luca Toni is doing in Italy at his age. 33 is not that old. 

In his prime, Luca Toni was world class especially during the Palermo years. I get what you're trying to say but Lambert definitely does not have it in him to pull anything like what Toni is doing now. If Liverpool wants to pay the clause plus Lambert I would say yes. Otherwise he can continue to warm the bench with them. 

Also should be mentioned that this swap deal would involve us taking 2 players off their hands who are 1) not near playing and 2)I'd imagine on decent salaries to add to our wage bill ..no thanks 

I think playing for Gus Poyet's Sunderland with his ultra-defensive setup does need to be borne in mind though.

As does playing on the wing for Houllier, McLeish and Lambert when comparing him to Gabby IMO. I genuinely don't think Gabby's goalscoring record is his problem, but maybe that's for another thread.

Â