Christian Benteke

Kwan

Does Benteke have a £32m release clause in the contract he signed? If not and he does want to go it should be for £40m plus.

No release clause that is known. I remember PF stating that Villa don't believe in release clauses not long before CB signed a new contract.

• Like 1

Does Benteke have a £32m release clause in the contract he signed? If not and he does want to go it should be for £40m plus.

No release clause that is known. I remember PF stating that Villa don't believe in release clauses not long before CB signed a new contract.

Ok theres a definite release clause then.

• Like 1

The 24-year-old is wanted by Chelsea and Liverpool but has been warned that he could lose his place in the Belgium national side if he switches clubs this summer

Tim Sherwood has warned Christian Benteke that it would be a “gamble” for him to leave Aston Villa this summer.

Goal exclusively revealed in May that Chelsea are keen on a move for the the 24-year-old, although Liverpool also remain in the running for the striker who has scored 11 goals in his last 10 appearances.

But the Villa manager believes Benteke should consider the amount of playing time he would be given at another club and how that could have an impact on his place in the Belgium national team ahead of Euro 2016 next summer.

“I believe it is a very poor time to leave just before a Euro Championship or World Cup,” said Sherwood.

“He could go to another club and be a bit-part player and then fall out of the squad for Belgium who will be favourites to win it. By playing for Aston Villa it is not keeping him out of that squad is it?

“Where is he going to go that is bigger than Aston Villa? Is he guaranteed to play there? Is he guaranteed to play anywhere he goes?

“You look at strikers at all of those clubs – [Radamel] Falcao, [Mario] Balotelli, all big-money strikers in a new environment, it is hard and it takes time to settle.

“It would be crucial for us for Christian to stay next season and beyond that.

“I think it is a gamble for anyone to leave before a Championships, I honestly believe that.”

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2015/05/16/11786052/it-would-be-a-gamble-for-benteke-to-leave-aston-villa?ICID=HP_BN_9

• Like 3

i only want him to stay of he signs a new deal so we can demand more money come next season. He will only have  a year left so i think we could only get about 20m

or worse he gets injured again and we lose him for NOTHING!

Tim raises a good point he shouldnt leave during a Euros year

Edited by Demitri_C

“I think it is a gamble for anyone to leave before a Championships, I honestly believe that.” are my thoughts exactly! 

Give him a new 4yr deal 100k a week,

Top scorer in the Euros then sell him for £50m+ end of next season if he wants out when the new TV deal is implement and every club is double filthy rich!

• Like 2

with bent off the wage bill in the summer, £100k a week is within reach, sell him next year ..

the bottom line is hes world class & he wants a wage to suit, pay him his worth or sell him 

• Like 1

“I think it is a gamble for anyone to leave before a Championships, I honestly believe that.” are my thoughts exactly!

Top scorer in the Euros then sell him for £50m+ end of next season if he wants out when the new TV deal is implement and every club is double filthy rich!

Nobody sees the new TV money until summer 2017

50 goals in 99 games.

Well done on your half century Sir, even though I'm sure there would have been better ways to get it.

. Was today not 49?

On Talksport tonight the Manchester United to pay £45m for Kane was raised and they suggested they could take that and get Benteke for half of that. Someone else said Spurs could have Ings, Austin and Benteke for that money. :angry:

Amazing that Manchester United can be linked with signing Kane when he has a contract with Spurs and that Benteke can be linked with Spurs/Liverpool/anyone else for less.

Benteke is better than Kane and has done more in football, Talksport pundits are moronic, know-nothing words removed.

• Like 2

Top scorer in the Euros then sell him for £50m+ end of next season if he wants out when the new TV deal is implement and every club is double filthy rich!

Nobody sees the new TV money until summer 2017

50 goals in 99 games.

Well done on your half century Sir, even though I'm sure there would have been better ways to get it.

. Was today not 49?

According to the programme for Everton he had 47 going into that game, he got two in that and one today. I'm pretty sure it's 50.

Maybe its wishful thinking but after missing the World Cup, I would think he would not want to upset the apple cart by moving before the Euros. Light it up, get his big move next summer after the tourney.

All jokes aside, I think Benteke would be perfect for Real in the middle of Ronnie and Bale (if he stays). Basically what Adebayor should have been. Goddamn that strikeforce would be scary.

Â