Christian Benteke

Kwan

The more I think about Bentekes form, the more it reminds me of Juan Pablo Angel. He had a blinding first full season (After the half season of adjustment!) and we where all convinced he was off in the summer. He never went in the end and then endured a couple of indifferent seasons before DOL got a blinding first season out of him. I think by then we where comfortable he wasn't going anywhere. I'm starting to think Benteke might end up as the new JPA. Totally different types of forward though.

The more I think about Bentekes form, the more it reminds me of Juan Pablo Angel. He had a blinding first full season (After the half season of adjustment!) and we where all convinced he was off in the summer. He never went in the end and then endured a couple of indifferent seasons before DOL got a blinding first season out of him. I think by then we where comfortable he wasn't going anywhere. I'm starting to think Benteke might end up as the new JPA. Totally different types of forward though.

Ahhh, JPA!  He of the great-goal-with-awful-commentary clip :D

• Like 1

It all went wrong when he changed his shirt number from 18 to 9, and stopped wearing his Mizuno boots.

I swear the number 9 is cursed for us. Just look at the recent holders:

Harewood

Ireland

Bent (his best form was with 39)

Helenius

No wonder Benteke wanted to keep 20.

Good thing there were many before that where he's been very good.

We've been here before - he will hit form again.

Agreed, I don't think he's playing very well atm but he will spark off again some and probably have a good run in which we need. 

We are all assuming that Benteke will achieve great things, DC, but is it possible we may be wrong.

Could it be that in fact what we have is just a good striker, and that we are perhaps about his level.

On the basis of the last few games even that seems optimistic

Just get him Torres's agent, he'll be playing for Madrid in no time.

I have faith in Tekkers... We have been lacking in some quality service for a while, he hasn't got anybody pushing him for a place considering Kozak being out and is stuck in a bit of a rut himself...

A few new faces and a bit of fresh perspective with Gil, Sinclair and maybe, hopefully Ba and I reckon he will be causing problems for defenders and banging them in again...

I hope getting some new blood in in Gil and Sinclair will wake Benteke up a bit. Maybe he sees the service he gets can improve and we just may be able to do something up front. I think Benteke has felt a bit trapped at Villa lately, he needs to see some light at the end of the tunnel.

An the rest of the team play at 100% yeah?? Scape goat comes to mind

No-one has said they do.  Weimann is currently in miles better form than Benteke, though.  He needs dropping, even if just to give him a break from the burden of needing to score.

An the rest of the team play at 100% yeah?? Scape goat comes to mind

No-one has said they do.  Weimann is currently in miles better form than Benteke, though.  He needs dropping, even if just to give him a break from the burden of needing to score.

We can't score. Lambert will not drop Benteke why we aren't scoring goals whatever happens. 

I thought he ever so slightly turned a corner today. Started presenting himself a bit more and his movement was better. His touch is abysmal though and his confidence is really killing him. Just needs a lucky break I think to start believing in himself again. 

Â