Christian Benteke

Kwan

Looking very poor.  Can't really defend it much now.  I imagine in his head he's already gone and wouldn't surprise me if things were already be sorted out for the summer.  But he's a professional and we pay his wages so he should be putting in a better shift that this.  Especially when we've just put a quality signing right next to him.

Looking very poor.  Can't really defend it much now.  I imagine in his head he's already gone and wouldn't surprise me if things were already be sorted out for the summer.  But he's a professional and we pay his wages so he should be putting in a better shift that this.  Especially when we've just put a quality signing right next to him.

IMO that Gil goal should've lit a fire under Benteke's arse. He should've seen that and thought "bugger, I have to up my game now or I'll be forgotten about"

• Like 1

Absolutely terrible today. The pass that Wiemann played to him where he then just walked to it showed his attitude for me. Hed made a run and then the space had closed couldnt be arsed to make another and then stropped at the pass into the space that was now available. 

Drop him for Weimann.

:rolleyes:

the only real issue with that is that we'd have to bring in Gabby to take up the spare place. If we had another forward, I'd happily drop Benteke at the moment. He's like petulant child who doesn't care

His body language looks poor, but I think a lot of this is now confidence.  I said in the Lambert thread, but on a couple of occasions today the in-form Benteke would've been shooting not passing the ball on.  Needs a goal - hopefully having Gil playing will enable this.

Â