Christian Benteke

Kwan

Re-brommy.

I've noted you saying that before concerning no further response in this debate yet you have continued to respond. I mis-read one particular part of one of your posts and apologised for that so my replies to your posts in general have not been 'deeply flawed' at all.

The difficulty you have in conversing with me is based on you quoting what you think i have said rather than what i have actually stated and then while being challenged on that you have tried to ignore the question.

Just for the record, his new contract is worth around £12.5m if he is on £60k a week. It is freshly signed and it would take a hell of a bid to take him from us now. 

If a team could have had him for £25m a few weeks back, they won't be wanting to pay an extremely inflated price now. 

Either way we don't want or need to sell, Lambert wants to keep him, Benteke wants to stay. Talk of him going anywhere now is just daft and illogical. 

I concur.

Just for the record, his new contract is worth around £12.5m if he is on £60k a week. It is freshly signed and it would take a hell of a bid to take him from us now. 

If a team could have had him for £25m a few weeks back, they won't be wanting to pay an extremely inflated price now. 

Either way we don't want or need to sell, Lambert wants to keep him, Benteke wants to stay. Talk of him going anywhere now is just daft and illogical. 

How do you know teams could have got him for 25m? Is that due to media reports or have you been in contact with the manager or chairman?

You would also have to consider whether interested parties had the money 'a few weeks back' but as i've already stated that could be about to change if certain transfers go through.

'Benteke wants to stay.' He hasn't exactly shown any great loyalty to the club or fans since he arrived with us. Yes he has eventually signed a new contract but that may have been the only option left open to him with clubs not having the money to meet whatever valuation the club put on his head.

While i wouldn't welcome it at all it would be interesting to see what Benteke's attitude would be if we did receive an acceptable bid from Liverpool or Spurs. Do you actually think Benteke would turn them down out of loyalty to the club or the manager because he has signed a new contract.

I've made my point and i'm going to leave it there.

Edited by Morpheus

How do you know teams could have got him for 25m? Is that due to media reports or have you been in contact with the manager or chairman?

You would also have to consider whether interested parties had the money 'a few weeks back' but as i've already stated that could be about to change if certain transfers go through.

'Benteke wants to stay.' He hasn't exactly shown any great loyalty to the club or fans since he arrived with us. Yes he has eventually signed a new contract but that may have been the only option left open to him with clubs not having the money to meet whatever valuation the club put on his head.

Exactly mate, which is why they won't have the money to meet an inflated valuation now that he has signed the new contract.

He isn't going anywhere, it is a good thing, so lets just all get ready to enjoy his goals this season ey?

(My apologies regarding the £25m figure, I should have put the 'apparent' £25m valuation.)

I think Weimann is going to weigh in more heavily with goals this year. The two of them with Gabby could be fearsome for most defences.

If we can figure out how to keep a clean sheet (or defend a lead at least!)

Then top 10 is well within reach

I wonder what Genk fans think now. In hindsight they must think they were ripped off, although I believe even they doubted he was good enough for the Premier League at the time. Still, I bet they're shaking their heads in disbelief at what they let go so cheaply :)

I wonder what Genk fans think now. In hindsight they must think they were ripped off, although I believe even they doubted he was good enough for the Premier League at the time. Still, I bet they're shaking their heads in disbelief at what they let go so cheaply :)

They will be hoping the report of a sell-on clause is true for a start!

I'm really looking forward to seeing him cause massive problems for even the best defences. More Smalling like spasms please Christian!

What happens when you try to keep Benteke, Weimann & Agbonlahor quiet when they are all on fire in the same match?

Sunderland couldn't come up with the answer last season & this is going to be a major problem for our opponents to try & solve next season.

Stop Benteke by doubling up on him(If that's possible?) & you'll just create space for Weimann & Agbonlahor to exploit. All of a sudden it's Weimann knocking them in left right & centre so you double up on him instead. Net result Benteke & Agbonlahor have a field day.

Also, imagine Helenius being thrown into the same team & Villa just going for the jugular game after game, Crazy yes? But in a manager like Paul Lambert don't rule it out.

I'm hoping Villa's philosophy next season will be fortune favours the brave & the Benteke.

The three players really compliment each other well, and I think Benteke is part of the reason why Weimann did so well last season. Benteke quickly became the main man so the pressure was never on Weimann. Of course, Benteke also benefited from Weimann's tireless work on and off the ball.

**** me this thread is shit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQA0DklJTis

I think we should just post this video whenever it seems to get crappy.

There are soo many diffrent types of finishes in that video, he really is a class player.

I'd say on his day he's nigh on impossible to defend against

**** me this thread is shit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQA0DklJTis

I think we should just post this video whenever it seems to get crappy.

Re quote :)

Just sensational and we've got him for another year  :hooray:

Edited by AVFCforever1991

Â