Christian Benteke

Kwan

Another thing, I know its fun to speculate, but to us the fans it's just money. Realistically we shouldn't give two hoots whether he goes for $18m, $25m or $2m - as long as our players on the pitch perform that's all that should really matter to us! Who cares what they are worth! I'd cheer for a $1m man more than a $100m man if he showed more passion and played as well!

Does Christian Benteke actually have a price? I mean, there's a lot of comments saying he's worth $25mill or whatever. However I don't think it really works like that?

As I see it, Player X isn't worth $15m, Player Y worth $6m and Player Z worth $30m. Aren't player transfer fees LITERALLY only worth what someone else is willing to pay for them? For instance, if we don't sell Benteke to Spurs for $18m, keep him for almost his full contract, then sell him back to SV Rodinghausen for $2m where he plays out the rest of his career, was he ever really a $25m player? Do you get what I'm trying to say? Like, I don't think he's a $25m player per say.

We set a price that we are happy to recieve if he is to moves clubs. If we don't get that price he stays with us.

That's all that matters.

• Like 1

Does Christian Benteke actually have a price? I mean, there's a lot of comments saying he's worth $25mill or whatever. However I don't think it really works like that?

As I see it, Player X isn't worth $15m, Player Y worth $6m and Player Z worth $30m. Aren't player transfer fees LITERALLY only worth what someone else is willing to pay for them? For instance, if we don't sell Benteke to Spurs for $18m, keep him for almost his full contract, then sell him back to SV Rodinghausen for $2m where he plays out the rest of his career, was he ever really a $25m player? Do you get what I'm trying to say? Like, I don't think he's a $25m player per say.

Players are worth what their team is willing to sell them for basically, all this talk of us holding firm but it will be interesting to see if we actually do. I think he is worth 25m to us right now his goals meant the difference between us preparing for the championship instead of a new season in the premierleague.

Sorry but spurs need a lot more than benteke to become title contenders, they never will be without an arab with oil money.

said before if get Benteke and keep Bale id throw a sneaky tenner on them winning the title

Wouldnt even be worth throwing 50p on them.

If the rumour is that Lambert is really pissed off with him and wants him out, and Levy the Cock doesnt come up with the goods, this could truly f*ck up his career. Cause Lambert won't want him anywhere near the first team.

I see. So in the circumstances you describe, not only will Villa pass up on getting £19m (let's say), you'll also voluntarily deprive yourselves of your best player. In other words, in your scenario you end up with no incoming money and no player either.

On a scale of 1 - 100, I'd give that possible outcome a zero .... which is one reason amongst several why all of the bargaining chips are NOT in Villa's hand, despite the many assertions on here to the contrary.

If the rumour is that Lambert is really pissed off with him and wants him out, and Levy the Cock doesnt come up with the goods, this could truly f*ck up his career. Cause Lambert won't want him anywhere near the first team.

I see. So in the circumstances you describe, not only will Villa pass up on getting £19m (let's say), you'll also voluntarily deprive yourselves of your best player. In other words, in your scenario you end up with no incoming money and no player either.

On a scale of 1 - 100, I'd give that possible outcome a zero .... which is one reason amongst several why all of the bargaining chips are NOT in Villa's hand, despite the many assertions on here to the contrary.

So based on you giving it a 0% outcome, you think Villa don't hold all the chips. Got it.
  • Like 1

Words fail me.

What bargaining chips are in Tottenhams hand?

its grand this is the guy who thought we lost 50% of 18million by keeping him and extra season and selling Barry to City for 12million  :crylaugh:

oh glaston  :wub:

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 2

What bargaining chips are in Tottenhams hand?

It's closer to Arsenal?

Yes that's right. If no-one meets our valuation then Benteke will stay but will strike and he will sit in the reserves. This is fine with us because it's only costing us a paltry £20k a week, and of course Benteke will be content not playing a single minute of 1st team football in the season before a World Cup, thus forfeiting his place in the Belgium side on the biggest stage of them all.

Yes that's right. You absolute **** cretin.

If the rumour is that Lambert is really pissed off with him and wants him out, and Levy the Cock doesnt come up with the goods, this could truly f*ck up his career. Cause Lambert won't want him anywhere near t

How would you know on a scale of 1 - 100? Wasn't Bent our last player last summer? What about that wonderful RB you gave us? What happened with him. It's pay up 25million of f**k off, it's as simple as that, really don't know how many times it has to be repeated.

If the rumour is that Lambert is really pissed off with him and wants him out, and Levy the Cock doesnt come up with the goods, this could truly f*ck up his career. Cause Lambert won't want him anywhere near t

dont understand this. Is it our fault if he f*cks up his career 

This is just priceless. The bargaining chips are all in villa's hand. We want 25m thats it. Cough up or stfu. 

Players are worth what their team is willing to sell them for basically, all this talk of us holding firm but it will be interesting to see if we actually do. I think he is worth 25m to us right now his goals meant the difference between us preparing for the championship instead of a new season in the premierleague.

Do you reckon? I just see it as the other way around - that players are worth what other clubs are willing to pay for them!

Why so upset? Is it because your MASSIVE club is looking foolish because they can't cough up the money?

Do you reckon? I just see it as the other way around - that players are worth what other clubs are willing to pay for them!

That is true in most cases however because we dont want to sell i think hes worth what we say hes worth otherwise we keep him. We weren't bullied by liverpool, city or united in recent big signings from villa to them so why would we be bullied by spurs? Lerner has shown that he flat out wont accept a penny under his valuation and lambert certainly doesnt seem the type to be pushed around.

It took liverpool 3-4 bids if i recall to get downing after one good season and he wasnt allowed to talk to them until they met our valuation, i assume it will be the same this time despite spurs thinking they can just get him for whatever price THEY find acceptable. 

• Like 2

You are completely correct, which is why I expect Benteke to be in Villa's starting line up at the opening game of the season.

Because he is the biggest chip of them all, one that doesn't need to be put on the table for another three years.

Â