Christian Benteke

Kwan

To be fair, he is good enough for those kinds of clubs, but for some bizarre reason he wants to go to Spurs. Probably so he can be part of that Belgian London clique and get to play with all his little Belgian mates.

And what exactly is wrong with that?

Everyone would prefer to work with their mates in a higher profile company whilst also getting extra cash.

There is literally only positives for him to move and only negatives for him to stay.

Because he can do better than Spurs. I don't know the real reason why he's going there but I seriously doubt Spurs are the biggest club in for him.

I disagree-The top 4 sides don't need to gamble on potential one season wonders.

You only have to look at our own losses of recent years to see this.Yorke,Barry,Milner & Young all did it for more than one season before the big boys came in.The only gamble that I can think of recently was Man City & Balloteli.

Paying £20mil for Benteke & placing him on £4mil a year is a massive gamble.Many VT'ers were screaming out for us to sign Holt this time last year-Another example of a player who was a one season wonder.

Exactly.

That's why I thought he would give it one more year then make a big move.

For whatever reason he has decided he wants the Spurs move this season. At least he has done it in a reasonable way, not slagging off the club or fans etc or whinging every day in the press like Suarez.

If we don't get an offer we are happy with and he throws a strop and refuses to play then I will be angry with him but he hasn't really done anything wrong so far.

#THFC are only willing to pay £18m for Benteke! #Villa will not sell for under £25m Looks like the unsettled player will be staying

Footy Agent on twitter

I wouldn't be surprised if that was close to the truth tbh*. I'd expect Spurs to angle for a compromise of around the £20m mark. I just hope Lerner and Lambert don't budge. Then we get to keep Benteke :)

* Although I don't for a second believe Footy Agent is ITK.

#THFC are only willing to pay £18m for Benteke! #Villa will not sell for under £25m Looks like the unsettled player will be staying

Footy Agent on twitter

I wouldn't be surprised if that was close to the truth tbh*. I'd expect Spurs to angle for a compromise of around the £20m mark. I just hope Lerner and Lambert don't budge. Then we get to keep Benteke :)

Someone also close to the club (I know) says that lambert is livid and wants him gone, Randy and Faulkner want to force him to stay another year but they also want to back the manager, so if the valuation is met he can go. Nobody wants to meet it though.

Edited by villan_007

Footy Agent on twitter

18 would be a bit low.

Anything around 22/23 + would be ok, though ideally 25m+ would be better. For me, it all comes down to Benteke's attitude once he returns. The more he kicks up a fuss, the more his value goes down imo. 

No chance he will go for 20 mill

Either a club meets our valuation or he will stay

Regardless of how unhappy he is 20k p/w is a small price to pay tough tits

Edited by AshVilla

Footy Agent on twitter

I also think this could be a lot closer to the truth.

It would do no harm to keep him for the time being. Come January he'll become even more valuable as a player who isn't cup tied for the Champions league.

Spurs won't stump up £25million, we can all see that, and as long as Lerner holds firm then he won't be going anywhere.

Edited by Shillzz
  • Like 1

Footy Agent on twitter

Someone also close to the club (I know) says that lambert is livid and wants him gone, Randy and Faulkner want to force him to stay another year but they also want to back the manager, so if the valuation is met he can go. Nobody wants to meet it though.

Why would Learner want to force him to stay if the manager doesn't want him and the player doesn't want to be here?

That makes no sense.

Footy Agent on twitter

Ah but we don't want to keep him. Apparently he's just a shit one season wonder!

For me its 25m or GTFO.

Lambert must realise that he can use Benteke to his strengths, even though he might be mad at him.

If Benteke does stay I hope that doesn't have an effect on the players we were trying to bring in. Hopefully we get another striker in (Benteke replacement for when he leaves next year) and an attacking midfielder to link with Benteke. 

If we keep Benteke and don't make any quality signings i'll be slightly annoyed. 

It would do no harm to keep him for the time being. Come January he'll become even more valuable as a player who isn't cup tied for the Champions league.

thats actually a brilliant point not noticed. few injuries and even bigger clubs could take the punt plus fees are higher then

Edited by Zatman

Again, I think Benteke's future attitude is key here.

Footy Agent on twitter

Why would Learner want to force him to stay if the manager doesn't want him and the player doesn't want to be here?

That makes no sense.

Because its a business and you don't let one of your main assets leave for peanuts

Were not a charity

Edited by AshVilla

To be fair, he is good enough for those kinds of clubs, but for some bizarre reason he wants to go to Spurs. Probably so he can be part of that Belgian London clique and get to play with all his little Belgian mates.

Everyone would prefer to work with their mates in a higher profile company whilst also getting extra cash.

There is literally only positives for him to move and only negatives for him to stay.

Because he can do better than Spurs. I don't know the real reason why he's going there but I seriously doubt Spurs are the biggest club in for him.

well they are. by all accounts nobody else is in for him. Maybe he is not as good to other teams as we think he is

How do you know? He's definitely been linked to Arsenal and Chelsea before he handed in his transfer request.

his agent has said only Spurs are in for him

So? That might be the case now but there could have been other clubs interested.

well their isnt. only Spurs have concrete interest

There isn't now but we don't know if there was interest from other clubs before the transfer request.

well they are. by all accounts nobody else is in for him. Maybe he is not as good to other teams as we think he is

How do you know? He's definitely been linked to Arsenal and Chelsea before he handed in his transfer request.

his agent has said only Spurs are in for him

So? That might be the case now but there could have been other clubs interested.

well their isnt. only Spurs have concrete interest

There isn't now but we don't know if there was interest from other clubs before the transfer request.

why would clubs have interest in him and then pull out when he hands in a transfer request

Footy Agent on twitter

That makes no sense.

Read the sentance from start to finish. Because lambert wants him gone they are prepared to sell, but it has to be on our terms.

Footy Agent on twitter

That makes no sense.

Because its a business and you don't let one of your main assets leave for peanuts

Were not a charity

If the manager is livid with him and doesn't play him next year we won't get much more than we paid for him in 12 months.

I don't believe that rumour is true. If Lambert wanted him gone then the owner would cash in.  

Well considering that the only actual facts that we have are that Benteke has put in a transfer request .... and Villa expect CB to remain our player unless our valuation is met .... we've spent many happy (or frustrating) hours discussing and inventing outcomes. As much as I've enjoyed it, I'm now going to go away and wait until the situation is finally resolved one way or another. Too much speculation is giving me brain ache. :)  UTV!!!! 

why would clubs have interest in him and then pull out when he hands in a transfer request

Because there could be a bidding war and no one is prepared to pay upwards of £25m for him? All I'm saying is that he was linked with better clubs than Spurs and personally I doubt that Spurs are the biggest club that are interested/have had interest in him. Regardless, he must know that if he performs well again this season he will without doubt be able to get a move to a much bigger club than Spurs.

Footy Agent on twitter

That makes no sense.

Read the sentance from start to finish. Because lambert wants him gone they are prepared to sell, but it has to be on our terms.

I think we would compromise if the manager wants him gone.  

There would be no point holding to our valuation if the manager doesn't want him in the squad any more. We would not get anywhere near the offers we are getting now if he sits out a year.

Â