Christian Benteke

Kwan

To be fair, he is good enough for those kinds of clubs, but for some bizarre reason he wants to go to Spurs. Probably so he can be part of that Belgian London clique and get to play with all his little Belgian mates.

And what exactly is wrong with that?

Everyone would prefer to work with their mates in a higher profile company whilst also getting extra cash.

There is literally only positives for him to move and only negatives for him to stay.

Because he can do better than Spurs. I don't know the real reason why he's going there but I seriously doubt Spurs are the biggest club in for him.

well they are. by all accounts nobody else is in for him. Maybe he is not as good to other teams as we think he is

How do you know? He's definitely been linked to Arsenal and Chelsea before he handed in his transfer request.

So far we have had loads of people totally make up transfer fee figures and wage offer figures.

Are Spurs really offer two/three times what we are?  Nobody knows.  Why do people just make things up, arrrrgh!

• Like 1

So far we have had loads of people totally make up transfer fee figures and wage offer figures.

Are Spurs really offer two/three times what we are?  Nobody knows.  Why do people just make things up, arrrrgh!

Not really made up - in all probability spurs are going to bid upwards of £20m and offer him up to £70k in wages - Villa have probably offered up to £50k - Which Benteke has porobably rejected.

Lots of probabilities, and speculation - but thats whats forums are for - once all the facts are official - we will swiftly move on to speculate aboiut something else

If a player breaks his leg next season, that player becomes a favourite of mine. We did not deserve this treatment from Benteke.

Sickening.

What 'treatment'? Asking to move clubs and forfeiting any loyalty payments, then not blabbing around to the media about it?

How do you think he should have gone about it differently if he wanted to move clubs?

To be fair, he is good enough for those kinds of clubs, but for some bizarre reason he wants to go to Spurs. Probably so he can be part of that Belgian London clique and get to play with all his little Belgian mates.

Everyone would prefer to work with their mates in a higher profile company whilst also getting extra cash.

There is literally only positives for him to move and only negatives for him to stay.

Because he can do better than Spurs. I don't know the real reason why he's going there but I seriously doubt Spurs are the biggest club in for him.

well they are. by all accounts nobody else is in for him. Maybe he is not as good to other teams as we think he is

How do you know? He's definitely been linked to Arsenal and Chelsea before he handed in his transfer request.

his agent has said only Spurs are in for him

So? That might be the case now but there could have been other clubs interested.

Edited by Mantis

So? That might be the case now but there could have been other clubs interested.

well their isnt. only Spurs have concrete interest

Are you saying then that he won't go for at least 10 mil less than he's worth because a Spurs fan or London based horribly Spurs biased media says he will, or that we won't get Jermaine Jenas and a packet of ball bearings for him?

You mean to say that Lambert, Faulker and Lerner have got this................. and we may aswell have faith they'll do the right thing for the club?

You mean to say that we may actually unearth some more gems in the transfer market and end up actually better off than we were last season and not be completely reliant on one player....... a player that if injured for any significant length of time would mean relegation.

You mean to say Lambert and co probably saw this coming and prepared for the worst or at least are setting a plan B in motion now?

No. You misunderstood me. I think we're doomed. DOOOOOOOOOOMED. AHAHAaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Doomed.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRGGH, i'm leaving for the Ukrane immediately in that case.

If a player breaks his leg next season, that player becomes a favourite of mine. We did not deserve this treatment from Benteke.

Sickening.

Ridiculous post. its football for goodness sake.

the rare moment I agree with Woodytom :P

but he is spot on its only a game. he has given his notice period as it would be in a real company

Sickening.

Ridiculous post. its football for goodness sake.

the rare moment I agree with Woodytom :P

but he is spot on its only a game. he has given his notice period as it would be in a real company

Not quite, someone still has to pay a price we are happy with for him to leave.

I disagree-The top 4 sides don't need to gamble on potential one season wonders.

You only have to look at our own losses of recent years to see this.Yorke,Barry,Milner & Young all did it for more than one season before the big boys came in.The only gamble that I can think of recently was Man City & Balloteli.

Paying £20mil for Benteke & placing him on £4mil a year is a massive gamble.Many VT'ers were screaming out for us to sign Holt this time last year-Another example of a player who was a one season wonder.

Sickening.

I'll never get the leg breaking shit. Sure it's terrible that he wants to go, but wishing he would break his leg? 

Edited by Daniel

Â