Christian Benteke

Kwan

Spurs haven't even bid yet, when or if they do they will be given a price and told not to come back before their willing to meet it. They wont meet it and unless another team comes in for him, with the money, nothing will happen and he will pull on a Villa shirt at Arsenal on 65k a week score the winner and all will be forgiven.

Spurs will remain an also ran club with high wages and aging players they can't shift, we are just finishing that cycle off after 4 seasons.

So many people in this thread are surprisingly savvy with the ins and outs of what goes on at Villa in behind closed doors meetings. It's incredible really

What closed doors? :ph34r:

All this **** around and yet Spurs have not bid?  Bore off Levy.

The fact that they haven't bid is not a good thing-It is calculated & designed at placing the most pressure upon Villa as possible.

Villa will have put a deadline/cut off point on this whole saga-Spurs will not give a damn about this.

The whole process is designed to test Villas resolve,not bow down & accept everything they say as the be all end all of the deal.

Villa's resolve  can be gauged by the comment that we have a "Low heart rate on the matter"

Stay firm & we'll come out of this smellin' of roses. :)

I don't understand why Spurs fans are so interested in what we have to say on the matter if they're just going to throw blind and stupid remarks around about his value and our position as compared to theirs.

We know the situation better than they do as we have experienced our club dealing with these situations plenty of times before with clubs in much, much stronger standing and in a better bargaining position.

I think BOF hit the nail on the head when he said "cough up or shut up". That should be our motto for the window.

But spurs fans never over price their players!

Transfers To Be @TransfersToBe 1m

Barcelona have been priced out of a move for Jan Vertonghen. They were not willing to pay the £25m Tottenham have valued him at #thfc #barca

LOL

I'm surprised Barca didn't try and buy him when he was at Ajax..

Edited by AVFCforever1991

I keep reading from certain posters that Spurs are the biggest club 'in for him'.

Have they put in a firm bid because if they haven't then all this talk is a load of bollocks?

All this **** around and yet Spurs have not bid?  Bore off Levy.

The fact that they haven't bid is not a good thing-It is calculated & designed at placing the most pressure upon Villa as possible.

Villa will have put a deadline/cut off point on this whole saga-Spurs will not give a damn about this.

The whole process is designed to test Villas resolve,not bow down & accept everything they say as the be all end all of the deal.

Villa's resolve  can be gauged by the comment that we have a "Low heart rate on the matter"

Stay firm & we'll come out of this smellin' of roses. :)

Mate-I'm too old & ugly to retain such faith.It wasn't so long ago that Villa were telling me the same thing & that 5 year plans were in place.We are not a club with ambition & anyone holding onto the fact that Spurs haven't bid yet as a good sign is only setting themselves up for a fall.We've just bought in half a team for less than a third of what Spurs have paid for one player.When September 1st arrives & Benteke's still a Villa player,I too will have a low heart rate.

Spurs have more "ITKs" than actual fans  :rolleyes:

Haha, it's true!!!  :P

There's a couple of good ones though, and afaic the rest are all wums. It usually goes that one of the one's with known connections comes out with something, at which point there's a spate of copy-cat 'ITK', all saying that they'd heard the same, was about to post etc etc.

How do we know that there are genuine ITK and they're not all WUMs? Well, to give one example, someone called the Ryan Nelson free transfer hours before it was anywhere, just out of the blue he said we'd signed him, as you can imagine he was ridiculed, especially by other 'ITK', but also by fans in general, but he just stuck quietly to his guns and was of course later shown to be correct. He also rarely posts, and doesn't engage in conversation, not the symptoms of an attention seeker... I'm sure you must have similar examples of Villa insiders, which helps sort the wheat from the chaff.

Haha, it's true!!!  :P

There's a couple of good ones though, and afaic the rest are all wums. It usually goes that one of the one's with known connections comes out with something, at which point there's a spate of copy-cat 'ITK', all saying that they'd heard the same, was about to post etc etc.

How do we know that there are genuine ITK and they're not all WUMs? Well, to give one example, someone called the Ryan Nelson free transfer hours before it was anywhere, just out of the blue he said we'd signed him, as you can imagine he was ridiculed, especially by other 'ITK', but also by fans in general, but he just stuck quietly to his guns and was of course later shown to be correct. He also rarely posts, and doesn't engage in conversation, not the symptoms of an attention seeker... I'm sure you must have similar examples of Villa insiders, which helps sort the wheat from the chaff.

ITK's come & go depending on staff at the time.

We had one called "Mystereyman" a couple of years back who traded off the nievity of Gordon Cowans for a while.For about 2 years after we used to get people popping up asking for him to confirm everything from the colour of paint selected for the Holte End toilets to whether a transfer rumour was true or not.

I take ITK's with a pinch of salt-Half the time they are fed information just to humour them & the info turns out to be garbage.

At this stage in the Benteke/Spurs/Villa negotiations,the press are of no use to any party so its unlikely that anything with any meat on the bone will be leaked out.

not that i believe a word of it but initial 18m is a joke fee.. with or without addons.

I hope its true-The further the clubs are apart,the more likely it is that an agreement won't be reached.

£18m is a load of tosh. We got £20m for Downing who is older, shitter and had less contract remaining. It's not going to happen.

• Like 1

Haha, it's true!!!  :P There's a couple of good ones though, and afaic the rest are all wums. It usually goes that one of the one's with known connections comes out with something, at which point there's a spate of copy-cat 'ITK', all saying that they'd heard the same, was about to post etc etc. How do we know that there are genuine ITK and they're not all WUMs? Well, to give one example, someone called the Ryan Nelson free transfer hours before it was anywhere, just out of the blue he said we'd signed him, as you can imagine he was ridiculed, especially by other 'ITK', but also by fans in general, but he just stuck quietly to his guns and was of course later shown to be correct. He also rarely posts, and doesn't engage in conversation, not the symptoms of an attention seeker... I'm sure you must have similar examples of Villa insiders, which helps sort the wheat from the chaff.
ITK's come & go depending on staff at the time.We had one called "Mystereyman" a couple of years back who traded off the nievity of Gordon Cowans for a while.For about 2 years after we used to get people popping up asking for him to confirm everything from the colour of paint selected for the Holte End toilets to whether a transfer rumour was true or not.I take ITK's with a pinch of salt-Half the time they are fed information just to humour them & the info turns out to be garbage.At this stage in the Benteke/Spurs/Villa negotiations,the press are of no use to any party so its unlikely that anything with any meat on the bone will be leaked out.

'ITK' is generally based upon how much of what the person posts comes true, and whether it is just one line teasing or woth any true information. I would think that anyone inside a club and genuine ' ITK' would never post anything anywhere. After all, what would they have to gain from it?

Certainly with the present situation no one knows anything, although I keep looking hopefully out of my window for the return of Michael Zorc!

• Like 1

Spurs have more "ITKs" than actual fans :rolleyes:

Haha, it's true!!! :P

That will be me

The only one to call the villa new sponsor the day before it was announced :-)

The others are all just attention seekers and false prophets :)

• Like 1

£18m is a load of tosh. We got £20m for Downing who is older, shitter and had less contract remaining. It's not going to happen.th

That was Dalglish though. He signed Stephen Hawking with a ponytail for £35 million.

Â