Christian Benteke

Kwan

Players are worth what their team is willing to sell them for basically, all this talk of us holding firm but it will be interesting to see if we actually do. I think he is worth 25m to us right now his goals meant the difference between us preparing for the championship instead of a new season in the premierleague.

Do you reckon? I just see it as the other way around - that players are worth what other clubs are willing to pay for them!

Only if you are trying to sell.

• Like 1

All this talk of forcing him stay just won't happen - one way or another he's leaving us.  Spurs holding out - may mean they just loose him to someone else - an Injury to Lukaku, a windfall fee for suarez at liverpool - bang there are on the phone - done.

Sadly I don't see him staying. I know Barry did - but the usual outcome is the player moves.

If the rumour is that Lambert is really pissed off with him and wants him out, and Levy the Cock doesnt come up with the goods, this could truly f*ck up his career. Cause Lambert won't want him anywhere near the first team.

I see. So in the circumstances you describe, not only will Villa pass up on getting £19m (let's say), you'll also voluntarily deprive yourselves of your best player. In other words, in your scenario you end up with no incoming money and no player either.

On a scale of 1 - 100, I'd give that possible outcome a zero .... which is one reason amongst several why all of the bargaining chips are NOT in Villa's hand, despite the many assertions on here to the contrary.

You are completely correct, which is why I expect Benteke to be in Villa's starting line up at the opening game of the season.

Because he is the biggest chip of them all, one that doesn't need to be put on the table for another three years.

I agree.

I still don't think Spurs will pay enough and I believe the manager will be pragmatic and play Benteke whilst Benteke will play for his WC place.

I still think the most likely scenario is that clubs will have to wait until his contract has run down enough for them to afford him (probably next summer).

The problem the Spurs fans are having in all of this is that they rather arrogantly think both clubs need to come to some sort of deal - almost as if Spurs have some right to the player. Until they get over that and realise they are trying to buy someone else's star player who is currently on peanuts on a long contract and doesn't need to be sold, then they're really pissing in the wind even coming in here. Any mention of 'strikes' and sulking can simply be met with the retort that Benteke won't be throwing his world cup year down the drain no matter who he is with. Cough up or shut up.

but its funny to see them all delusional about it :D

Spurs will not pay the money we want, no surprises there, 18M would be the largest fee they ever paid.

I also think if we did agree a fee with Spurs then Levy would be in a rather strong position to tie Benteke down to a salary largely proportional to performance, Benteke's hand would be very weak, he would have to leave Villa at that stage and Levy will use that to extract the piss out of the young lad.

If Benteke has the bollox to turn up Thursday then Lambert has to put his arm round him and coax him back into the mind set of playing for Villa, if he can do that then the whole situation turns over in a matter of days, it would be like a knew signing and Spurs would look like their "cunning plan" has backfired.

All is not lost while Spurs are the only club in for him, Levy will not get his man for £18m or even £20m.........will he? UTV

Edited by tinker

he can come out and say hes sorry and it was a media beat up. He did want to go however he now sees its best he stays another season. Scores a hatrick in his first game and everyone forgives him. we sell him to Real Madrid for 50 million next season.

Or he can just **** off now.

Edited by KSV

If a player breaks his leg next season, that player becomes a favourite of mine. We did not deserve this treatment from Benteke.

Sickening.

Going too far. Loads of players have asked for transfers from the club over the years, its not that big a deal.

Love the fact that there are people on here TELLING the spurs guys what the price is, as if they have any actual clue what figure we've set, and then refusing make believe bids on the club's behalf. Children the lot of you

If he stays and he scores 3 goals in the 1st game against Arsenal...I still won't forgive him or like him he'll get no cheer from me or applaud from me again.  I'll actually be gutted if he's still here by the time the season starts

James Nursey@JamesNursey5h

@andycarrington8 fyi source is same as tip off on CB's transfer request. V reliably told CB hopin #THFC bid this wk means no Villa return

Incredible. If true, I find it shocking that he actually doesn't even want to come back at all. He thinks he is bigger than the manager who gave him a chance in the Premier League, trusted him over a proven goalscorer in Darren Bent, alongside fans who also persisted with him when he wasn't playing as well as he did in some games. Then you've got his teammates who helped him get the goals and constantly bigged him up in the media etc.

Biggest middle finger I've seen a player give to us, which is funny as he has been backed by everybody and been treated somewhat like royalty (especially by the fans).

All this after just 10 months. Wow. Anybody would think he was in Darren Bent's situation.

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 1

he can come out and say hes sorry and it was a media beat up. He did want to go however he now sees its best he stays another season. Scores a hatrick in his first game and everyone forgives him. we sell him to Real Madrid for 50 million next season.

Or he can just **** off now.

I think he only has to make a quick statement and people will forgive him. We've all known for some time that he's a kid who says stupid things and is destined for the big time. While the club covered it up, we all had wind of the stepping stone and Arsenal comments and we accepted it, because he's a damn fine player. We'd all be more than pleased to see him turning out for Villa next year.

I'm reasonably certain that he won't be off to Spurs, they can't afford him. 

• Like 1

If the rumour is that Lambert is really pissed off with him and wants him out, and Levy the Cock doesnt come up with the goods, this could truly f*ck up his career. Cause Lambert won't want him anywhere near the first team.

I see. So in the circumstances you describe, not only will Villa pass up on getting £19m (let's say), you'll also voluntarily deprive yourselves of your best player. In other words, in your scenario you end up with no incoming money and no player either.

On a scale of 1 - 100, I'd give that possible outcome a zero .... which is one reason amongst several why all of the bargaining chips are NOT in Villa's hand, despite the many assertions on here to the contrary.

How are your "advanced negotiations" going for Shaun Wright Phillips ?

Considering you had that from the horses mouth about 5 years ago,  I think I'll take your ideas with this...

Senzatitolo%20salt%20mound%20Rome.jpg

James Nursey‏@JamesNursey5h

@andycarrington8 fyi source is same as tip off on CB's transfer request. V reliably told CB hopin #THFC bid this wk means no Villa return

Incredible. If true, I find it shocking that he actually doesn't even want to come back at all. He thinks he is bigger than the manager who gave him a chance in the Premier League, trusted him over a proven goalscorer in Darren Bent, alongside fans who also persisted with him when he wasn't playing as well as he did in some games. Then you've got his teammates who helped him get the goals and constantly bigged him up in the media etc.

Biggest middle finger I've seen a player give to us, which is funny as he has been backed by everybody and been treated somewhat like royalty (especially by the fans).

All this after just 10 months. Wow. Anybody would think he was in Darren Bent's situation.

I think that's a fairly normal reaction from Benteke.

Say you went on holiday and shat on the doorstep of the timeshare next door. You'd probably want to be on your way back out of there before the occupants turned up.

Â