Christian Benteke

Kwan

I really think it is in everybody's best interests if Benteke goes to a 'top four' side; then at least we couldn't really blame him too much.

With Benteke, Spuds might have a better chance of getting into the CL but they're still outsiders in my opinion. Then, if they do not get there again next season Bale will definitely leave and so to Benteke i'd imagine.

It does seem to appear as though they've tapped him considering Villa though he would sign a new deal before he left for his holiday?!?!

he only somewhat mild point I made is that there's a good chance the clubs have a different valuation than the respective fans - they may not, but they may - and I posted it because some of the posts were making it sound like a battle between the clubs, and if Spurs were to transfer him for less than £25m it would be heralded as some kind of 'victory' for Levy, when in fact it's quite possible that were he to be transferred for less than that it would have been because that's the price Villa valued him at, and therefore there are no winners or losers, but two clubs having made a fair deal.

If that was the case then Benteke would be a Spurs player right now, not rocket science is it?

I don't follow...?

I don't either, not a fan of twitter tbh...

I think TJ is saying that it's possible that Villa's valuation of CB might be lower than ours is. And that if he ends up leaving for less than what we (the fans) want, it's not necessarily a victory for Levy. It might be that he matched Villa's actual valuation of the player and that it was simply a case of 2 clubs agreeing on a deal.
  • Like 2

Keep tekkers, let him bang goals in left right and centre, sell to highest bidder next season, make an even bigger profit, and reinvest that money in more talent. at that point our new signings will be broken in and the lambert revolution will be taking shape and we can afford to bring in who he wants.

• Like 1

TJ, you are making the same mistake as that clown joey55. You talk of fair deal. Why? Seriously, what is it with you people? It is in our interest to have a grossly unfair deal. We don't want to sell. AVFC shouldn't want you to be happy with what you pay.

A fair deal for us is Levy having ground his teeth to calcium powder at the **** he has taken over the negotiating table because he has had to stump up what the unwilling seller, who has not pimped the whore out to anyone, has forced him to pay for something he apparently covets.

Good point well said. 

Spurs haven't even bid yet, when or if they do they will be given a price and told not to come back before their willing to meet it. They wont meet it and unless another team comes in for him, with the money, nothing will happen and he will pull on a Villa shirt at Arsenal on 65k a week score the winner and all will be forgiven.

Spurs will remain an also ran club with high wages and aging players they can't shift, we are just finishing that cycle off after 4 seasons.

Edited by tinker
  • Like 1

I do find it odd that basically nothing has happened since he requested a transfer. No quotes. just speculation..at least from what I have read of this thread.  This thing really put a damper on the whole window so far, it went good and then before you know it your main star wants to play at spurs and you see spurs people on vt. What the actual *** happened here. I wanna go back to when we were linked to belhanda, at least that had something to it.

Spurs haven't even bid yet, when or if they do they will be given a price and told not to come back before their willing to meet it. They wont meet it and unless another team comes in for him, with the money, nothing will happen and he will pull on a Villa shirt at Arsenal on 65k a week score the winner and all will be forgiven.

Spurs will remain an also ran club with high wages and aging players they can't shift, we are just finishing that cycle off after 4 seasons.

So many people in this thread are surprisingly savvy with the ins and outs of what goes on at Villa in behind closed doors meetings. It's incredible really

We should all relax. We know that it he goes we'll get a good price for him.

As for spurs fans opinion of the player, who cares? I'm sure united fans didn't think Dwight Yorke was good enough for them. I remember Jimmy Greaves claiming it would cost Alex Ferguson his job.

The only thing to moan about is if Lambert isn't given a big chunk of the money. But until that happens we should relax.

• Like 1

The only thing to moan about is if Lambert isn't given a big chunk of the money. But until that happens we should relax.

To be fair we'll probably never know either way if he does get most of the money.

All this **** around and yet Spurs have not bid?  Bore off Levy.

The fact that they haven't bid is not a good thing-It is calculated & designed at placing the most pressure upon Villa as possible.

Villa will have put a deadline/cut off point on this whole saga-Spurs will not give a damn about this.

The whole process is designed to test Villas resolve,not bow down & accept everything they say as the be all end all of the deal.

he only somewhat mild point I made is that there's a good chance the clubs have a different valuation than the respective fans - they may not, but they may - and I posted it because some of the posts were making it sound like a battle between the clubs, and if Spurs were to transfer him for less than £25m it would be heralded as some kind of 'victory' for Levy, when in fact it's quite possible that were he to be transferred for less than that it would have been because that's the price Villa valued him at, and therefore there are no winners or losers, but two clubs having made a fair deal.

If that was the case then Benteke would be a Spurs player right now, not rocket science is it?

I don't follow...?

I think TJ is saying that it's possible that Villa's valuation of CB might be lower than ours is. And that if he ends up leaving for less than what we (the fans) want, it's not necessarily a victory for Levy. It might be that he matched Villa's actual valuation of the player and that it was simply a case of 2 clubs agreeing on a deal.

Yes!  :)

The problem the Spurs fans are having in all of this is that they rather arrogantly think both clubs need to come to some sort of deal - almost as if Spurs have some right to the player. Until they get over that and realise they are trying to buy someone else's star player who is currently on peanuts on a long contract and doesn't need to be sold, then they're really pissing in the wind even coming in here. Any mention of 'strikes' and sulking can simply be met with the retort that Benteke won't be throwing his world cup year down the drain no matter who he is with. Cough up or shut up.

15 likes for this post, is that a villatalk record?

• Like 1

I do find it odd that basically nothing has happened since he requested a transfer. No quotes. just speculation..at least from what I have read of this thread.  This thing really put a damper on the whole window so far, it went good and then before you know it your main star wants to play at spurs and you see spurs people on vt. What the actual *** happened here. I wanna go back to when we were linked to belhanda, at least that had something to it.

It smells to me like two clubs negotiating!

All this **** around and yet Spurs have not bid?  Bore off Levy.

The fact that they haven't bid is not a good thing-It is calculated & designed at placing the most pressure upon Villa as possible.

Villa will have put a deadline/cut off point on this whole saga-Spurs will not give a damn about this.

The whole process is designed to test Villas resolve,not bow down & accept everything they say as the be all end all of the deal.

I don't follow...?

Tottenham have been Relegated & fined for tapping up Benteke -Yes!  :)

Fixed for you

• Like 1

Â