Christian Benteke

Kwan

There is no way we should sell for anything less than £25m.

Spurs have been going on now for over a year now that they need a striker, well if they want a good one they should pay the right price. The pressure is on Levy, the closer it gets to the start of the season the more moans there will be from Spurs fans about how they still don't have a striker. If Benteke is too expensive for them they can go and find somebody else.

There should be nothing that makes us budge, we should take a bit of confidence from the fact Spurs don't wanna be starting the season with Defoe and Adebayor as their strikers again.

• Like 1

It will be interesting to hear how the players react to Benteke coming back. From looking at the matches on AVTV, it looks obvious that the group are very tight knit.

I don't think he will be welcomed back with open arms at all.

#THFC are only willing to pay £18m for Benteke! #Villa will not sell for under £25m Looks like the unsettled player will be staying

Footy Agent on twitter

I wouldn't be surprised if that was close to the truth tbh*. I'd expect Spurs to angle for a compromise of around the £20m mark. I just hope Lerner and Lambert don't budge. Then we get to keep Benteke :)

* Although I don't for a second believe Footy Agent is ITK.

Someone also close to the club (I know) says that lambert is livid and wants him gone, Randy and Faulkner want to force him to stay another year but they also want to back the manager, so if the valuation is met he can go. Nobody wants to meet it though.

Why would Learner want to force him to stay if the manager doesn't want him and the player doesn't want to be here?

That makes no sense.

Read the sentance from start to finish. Because lambert wants him gone they are prepared to sell, but it has to be on our terms.

I think we would compromise if the manager wants him gone.  

There would be no point holding to our valuation if the manager doesn't want him in the squad any more. We would not get anywhere near the offers we are getting now if he sits out a year.

PL does want him gone and the board have backed him as otherwise there stance would have been he's not for sale, however they also realise how valuable an asset Benteke is so the fee is non-negotiable.  If CB does not get his move due to fee then he has a lot of making up to do.

no big club will pay big money go for a guy with 1 year experience. Even Rooney had 2 and Euro 2004 before United bought him

Not necessarily.

you have an example of one?

If a player breaks his leg next season, that player becomes a favourite of mine. We did not deserve this treatment from Benteke.

Sickening.

What 'treatment'? Asking to move clubs and forfeiting any loyalty payments, then not blabbing around to the media about it?

How do you think he should have gone about it differently if he wanted to move clubs?

Contract = you and me.

We kept to our side, paid his wages, played him, supported him.

The fans, hundreds of them, have bought the new shirt with his name on.

He walks away with £££ those fans, some who have struggled to pay, are out of pocket.

Broken leg is a perfect return.

#THFC are only willing to pay £18m for Benteke! #Villa will not sell for under £25m Looks like the unsettled player will be staying

Footy Agent on twitter

I wouldn't be surprised if that was close to the truth tbh*. I'd expect Spurs to angle for a compromise of around the £20m mark. I just hope Lerner and Lambert don't budge. Then we get to keep Benteke :)

* Although I don't for a second believe Footy Agent is ITK.

Someone also close to the club (I know) says that lambert is livid and wants him gone, Randy and Faulkner want to force him to stay another year but they also want to back the manager, so if the valuation is met he can go. Nobody wants to meet it though.

Why would Learner want to force him to stay if the manager doesn't want him and the player doesn't want to be here?

That makes no sense.

Because its a business and you don't let one of your main assets leave for peanuts

Were not a charity

If the manager is livid with him and doesn't play him next year we won't get much more than we paid for him in 12 months.

I don't believe that rumour is true. If Lambert wanted him gone then the owner would cash in.  

I disagree with that, fair enough Lambert might want him gone but surely it's in everyone at Villa's interests that he goes for a big a fee as possible. Exact same reason why we want £Xm for Darren Bent and he hasn't gone to Newcastle yet.

I still think the likes of Man City or Liverpool with the Suarez cash could come in for him

Time will tell

city were meant to be close to signing jovetic yesterday, liverpool would be worse than joining spurs, they are as likely to do something next season as we are, miles away from being where they want to be

If the manager is livid with him and doesn't play him next year we won't get much more than we paid for him in 12 months.

I don't believe that rumour is true. If Lambert wanted him gone then the owner would cash in.  

If you're desperate to sell your house but only get offered say 65% of its value would you sell up or wait ?

You don't give expensive commodities away willy nilly. Send him out on loan to Russia if needs be

**** him

• Like 1

no big club will pay big money go for a guy with 1 year experience. Even Rooney had 2 and Euro 2004 before United bought him

Not necessarily.

Real Madrid spending £34m on Asier Illarramendi. This was his first season in the Primera Liga. His other 2 seasons were in Segunda Liga and the Segunda B Liga, of which the former is barely equal to Benteke's seasons at Genk & Mechelen.

If a player breaks his leg next season, that player becomes a favourite of mine. We did not deserve this treatment from Benteke.

Sickening.

even if it's Barry Bannan?

Andy Carroll?

wouldnt say big club :D but he is one of reasons the top clubs wont spend that cash on a novice striker

Not necessarily.

Us buying Benteke for starters. £7m is a lot of money to spend on a young, completely unproven striker from Belgium.

Andy Carroll?

Carroll had 19 games of Premiership experience. 

Â