Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

He's crap, and to be honest he's always been crap.

He's energetic so when he pays in central midfield he can do a lot of running and ball winning, and when he's played at full back he can use his pace and stamina to put in some ok performances.

But those ok performances always seem to lead to him being tried further up the pitch, and he's just not good enough

• Like 1

The only times I actually noticed that he was playing was when he was bitching at the lineswoman, ever so nearly lashing out at one of their players on more than occasion, and pushing the referee in the penalty melee. He managed the weird trick of being totally anonymous and a complete bellend all at the same time. 

Every time the same, one good performance then a fortnight of crap and then you don't see him for months, rinse and repeat. 

• Like 3

It was a short resurgence from Bacuna - then back to himself. Allthough he didn't do any of his trade mark stupid passes or throw ins he still looked like an accident just about to happen. It also really annoys me that he still does his silly arm-pulling all the time, and then looks surprised every time the ref give s a free kick against him.

I don't really bother about him answering that he would be up to join a champions league team, I just think he is a crap player (albeit a crap player who can run and occcasionally strike the ball quite hard).

Edited by Keener window-cleaner
  • Like 1

Not only is he crap he's constantly a brain explosion away from calamity. Never forgiven him for that game against Leicester last season. Always thought he was average as anything. I'd rather him and Gabby never kicked another ball for the club tbh

8 minutes ago, av1 said:

Watching him and Hutton together on the right is truly horrific. 

Absolutely! Hutton wastes good position all the time because of no end product and Bacuna simply doesn't get into the good position. Both are well short of what we need. 

said it before, the biggest problem fans have with Bacuna is they expect too much, he was a cheap signing and offers energy and decent ball skills but he is prone to the same amount of shit games as good games. He is capable of the spectacular and the bizarre all in same game

a decent player at this level but will never be a world beater

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Wasn't that bad at all. Grealish was 10× worse

Can't agree Dem. He was shocking today. Terrible player.

One of my least favourite players.

I just think he's totally rubbish.

Also, it really annoys me when there's a free kick and commentators always say "Bacuna takes a great free kick"

Does he?! He took a great free kick or two about 4 years ago. Has he come anywhere close since?

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Also, it really annoys me when there's a free kick and commentators always say "Bacuna takes a great free kick"

Does he?! He took a great free kick or two about 4 years ago. Has he come anywhere close since?

He's still living off those 2 free kicks from 2013 :lol:

27 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

They also said something like 'he's got a great shot on him'. I can remember no example of Bacuna having had a great shot other than from about two free kicks. I don't think he has the coordination to replicate his two free kicks when both he and the ball are moving. The commentators didn't half speak a lot of shit yesterday. 

Bacuna can play as right back only imo—or anyway he's a decent enough utility player. We have too many midfielders who are afraid of the ball and incapable of holding onto it/doing anything with it (as in all of them) to have him in there too. We are so shit in midfield. They only surprise me when they occasionally manage to appear like they can do the basics, and even that they only manage to do for spells every other game. 

Thought he contributed a lot yesterday in nullifying Trippier. He was asked to play full back when Spurs attacked with Amavi tucking in alongside Baker and Chester. 

Hutton and Adomah were tasked with the same role and didn't look anywhere near as comfortable as Amavi and Bacuna looked against arguably a more dangerous player.

For me he follows instructions too rigidly at times. He didn't overlap Amavi at all and didn't really bust a gut to get down the wing because I think he was wary of his defensive task.