Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Really? I thought he passed the ball around pretty well. He lacked end product and a real drive when on the ball, but his link up play with Kodjia and Tshibola second half was decent. 

He certainly improved when he moved into that right wing back position, 

• 4 weeks later...

I posted in the match thread that I heard his name for the first time in ages and had forgotten he was playing.  That said being radio commentary it could well be he was doing a lot of hidden hard work like closing down and blocking off players. 

For me we HAVE to play 3 less attacking midfielders till we change personnel in January so he should be first name on the sheet in midfield. He has found his level I think (which is most definitely not champions league) 

3 hours ago, villan_007 said:

From what I've read, had a shakey few mins, then bossed the game. Unlucky not to score from a free kick.

Anyone who went confirm??

Pretty much. I wouldn't say bossed, but he was involved in almost everything good we did. Ran his balls off too, lead from the front. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Missed a sitter. 

He did yep. 

He played up front for a bit and caused them all sorts of issues. He pressed them high up the pitch, which in turn made the whole team press, which in retrospect then lead to their penalty as we lost shape. 

Not that I'm blaming him, that's training ground stuff, but he gave the fans what they were screaming for. Passion, drive, energy. 

He's been decent all season. 

• Like 1

I'm not gonna say it was a sitter as it was on his weaker foot. Similar to the Kodjia effort on Sat actually (when he should have teed up McCormack).

Bacuna for me though is a confidence player. And people who've said in here he has no technical ability, he actually does. Lack of confidence and being played in about 5 different positions doesn't help him.

6 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He did yep. 

He played up front for a bit and caused them all sorts of issues. He pressed them high up the pitch, which in turn made the whole team press, which in retrospect then lead to their penalty as we lost shape. 

Not that I'm blaming him, that's training ground stuff, but he gave the fans what they were screaming for. Passion, drive, energy. 

He's been decent all season. 

Shows how outside the box Bruce is, none of or any previous manager would have thought of utilising him that way 

3 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I'm not gonna say it was a sitter as it was on his weaker foot. Similar to the Kodjia effort on Sat actually (when he should have teed up McCormack).

Bacuna for me though is a confidence player. And people who've said in here he has no technical ability, he actually does. Lack of confidence and being played in about 5 different positions doesn't help him.

It was a sitter with either foot!