Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

Does he keep his place when Hutton is available? I hope so. He may have a lot to learn defensively but he offers so much more going forward than Hutton.

For Swansea IMO yes, vs the likes of city and utd though I'm not so sure

Think we've got a similar problem at left back, lowton playing really well

When was the last time we had a full back selection headache?!

Does he keep his place when Hutton is available? I hope so. He may have a lot to learn defensively but he offers so much more going forward than Hutton.

When was the last time we had a full back selection headache?!

When deciding who was the least worst at Left back out of Luna, Bennett, Stevens & Baker!

• Like 4

This.

Incredible today.

Shouldn't play against better sides though as he can't defend and he doesn't have much between the ears.

A very inconsistent player, but when he's confident, get him in the side.

Incredible today.

Shouldn't play against better sides though as he can't defend and he doesn't have much between the ears.

The guy has all the qualities we need. Scores and assists. Everything else doesn't matter. Edited by Danishlad

Incredible today.

The guy has all the qualities we need. Scores and assists. Everything else doesn't matter.

It does if he's playing RB. Remember Stoke at home last season  :puke:

Play him in the more winnable games until he gains a bit more discipline.

He may never do that, some players are suited to certain games.

By the looks of it, I think Sherwood prefers attacking players in his line up, even in the full back positions. Seems like his philosophy is to play a very attacking game and create as many chances as we possibly can and for that reason, I can see both Lowton and Bacuna retaining their places as they're both better attacking than defending - especially Bacuna.

Yes, Lowton is playing quite well, but out of position. LB still our problem in my opinion.

Very tough shout and one which there is no right answer to.

I always believe that, except in exceptional circumstances, you should never change a winning side, especially when the player in question has played so well in the previous game. Hutton is also good going forward so I think that right back is adequately covered.

I would expect the full backs to be the same next week as they were today. it also reinforces the notion that players should not get needless suspensions as it could lead to them loosing their place in the team.

Judging by his comments, I actually think Sherwood will/already does prefer him to Hutton. We've seen Bacuna play well defensively before, albeit not consistently, but it is clearly something he is capable of doing. 

I'd much rather see him play in midfield myself, but there is no doubt we have a good footballer in him and all the negativity towards him is stupid. I've loved him since he got here, wish Holland had given him a few games.

So he's got nothing between his ears? He's got a damn sight more than many of us on VT - me included! On his day he can score make goals and more besides. May not be too frequent for some but he's a neat decent player and he has scored important goals when it's mattered.

Edited by nazvfc