Xbox One or PS4?

Genie

XBox One or PS4  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Now that we know a bit about what each console is going to offer, which are you most likely to buy?

• Microsoft Xbox One
    • Sony PS4

Good to see that though I don't doubt that they're going to bring it back at some point.

Anyway, still a PS4 all the way for me. They've had the better games on the latter end of the generation and are braver with their IP's as well as being consistent with their message the whole time instead of flip flopping and backtracking all over the place.

Just remember: MIcrosoft wanted to **** you, they just weren't able to...this time.

• Like 1

If they bring all that shit back ill just stop buying their products. I really can't see them putting all that stuff back in, it would kill them as a console maker.

If they bring all that shit back ill just stop buying their products. I really can't see them putting all that stuff back in, it would kill them as a console maker.

Yeah they wont do it this generation. 

I can see them giving people the option though. ie, if you want to share your games with your friends online rather than just handing them a disc then you have to opt in for the DRM thing and online checks. Would make sense. I can imagine a lot of people would want to use this functionality, specially if they don't play second hand games (like myself). 

I think the long term goal is to charge for pay per view TV by user. Say you have five people around for the big fight or a new film then Kinect would be able to detect that she charge more than if you were watching it alone.

GTA5 has never been announced as a next gen title - at this moment in time that is simply a 360 and PS3 game.

Fifa 14 will release across generations. Want to play on next gen consoles? Buy the console and buy the game.

What will happen with games releasing before the console such as GTA5 and Fifa 14? Will you have to buy them again when the next gen console is out?

Fifa comes with every Xbox in Europe so you wouldn't need to buy it again.

However, If you were to buy a Playstation, I'm sure I read somewhere that if you bought a game for current gen from Amazon, you could upgrade it to a next gen version for about £20 or something like that.

Will have a look for the article.

Sony will release a PlayStation 4 bundle that includes a number of extra items - for the same price as Xbox One in Europe.

The bundle costs €499 - the same as Microsoft's European Xbox One price - which translates to around £427. In the UK the Xbox One costs £429.

Sony has yet to officially unveil the bundle - or name a UK price - but it is already available for pre-order on Amazon France.

Included in the box will be a copy of PS4-exclusive launch title Killzone Shadow Fall, two DualShock 4 controllers and the PlayStation 4 Camera.

That's compared to Microsoft's offering, which includes FIFA 14 when you pre-order the bundle, Kinect and an Xbox One controller.

Bought separately, the bundle's contents would cost £503 when purchased together from Amazon at time of publication (£349 for the PS4 console, £55 for the PlayStation Camera, £54 for a second DualShock 4 and £45 for Killzone: Shadow Fall). That's roughly a £70 saving.

Sony originally planned to include the PlayStation 4 Camera in the standard PS4 box but dropped the idea prior to E3 in order to reduce the console's standard price to £349.

A Sony spokesperson told Eurogamer that it had no details on UK bundles at this time.

Will definitely go with the PS4 if this bundle comes to the UK.

Edited by Swerbs

Pre-ordered my XBONE, can't be arsed for the speculation and hoo-har, Titan Fall and Forza pretty much won me over as I only care about the games. I like the Xbox 360 controller a lot so I hope the XBONE controller is similar to use.

I've pretty much always used my Xbox 360 as my primary console, I did buy a PS3 though and played through the main exclusives I missed out on: MGS4, The Last of Us, Heavy Rain. Gran Turismo was cack in my opinion, didn't like Uncharted either.

The majority of releases will be for both consoles anyway.

What will happen with games releasing before the console such as GTA5 and Fifa 14? Will you have to buy them again when the next gen console is out?

I posted the previously mentioned article somewhere in here. A few publishers are doing offers to 'upgrade' to a next gen version if you already have the previous gen version. It's confirmed for COD Ghosts and Battlefield 4 for £10...i think. Something along those lines.

Pre-ordered my XBONE, can't be arsed for the speculation and hoo-har, Titan Fall and Forza pretty much won me over as I only care about the games. I like the Xbox 360 controller a lot so I hope the XBONE controller is similar to use.

I've pretty much always used my Xbox 360 as my primary console, I did buy a PS3 though and played through the main exclusives I missed out on: MGS4, The Last of Us, Heavy Rain. Gran Turismo was cack in my opinion, didn't like Uncharted either.

The majority of releases will be for both consoles anyway.

Basically the same for me all over. Gran Turismo was poor, Uncharted games I didn't enjoy. I did think MGS4 and Heavy Rain were great though. Unfortnately didn't get to play Last of Us because my PS3 went bust.

isn't the RRP for current games £49.99 - £59.99 but the retailers don't stick to them?

pretty much every new release when I was in game yesterday was £44.99

but there will always be online retailers and supermarkets going cheaper, then you'll have Christmas and the offers / sales and then the over lap between the generations which I think will impact game prices, fifa for example cant be that much more expensive on the ps4, EA wouldn't be daft enough to sell it for £20+ more than it is on the ps3

Cheers for the responses.

Is anybody going to wait a while before they pick one up? Just thinking, as much as I'd like a next gen on day of release, I'm only really going to play fifa.

Edited by Warnock

Â