Xbox One or PS4?

Genie

XBox One or PS4  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Now that we know a bit about what each console is going to offer, which are you most likely to buy?

• Microsoft Xbox One
    • Sony PS4

Right, from the poll we know that people intend on buying more PS4's than Xbox's.

But can we reset the poll and change it to people who have actually pre-ordred? 

Think this could bring up some interesting numbers.

Right, from the poll we know that people intend on buying more PS4's than Xbox's.

But can we reset the poll and change it to people who have actually pre-ordred? 

Think this could bring up some interesting numbers.

my guess would be 5 votes for PS4 and 2 votes for X-One.

i would think most people haven't pre-ordered anything.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

With the recent 'about turns' by Microsoft I've decided to switch my vote back to them. I'll probably wait until January and buy one then. Hopefully the price will have started to creep down a bit by then...

18 months before a price cut, minimum, unless it's a disastrous launch in terms of sales - and even then it'll be bundles before straight cuts

How are the sales doing in comparison now Xbox have backtracked?

4:1 PS4 last I heard

Even with Microsoft's u-turns, the Xbox One should be avoided.

Remember, Microsoft wanted to **** you as the consumer. They dearly wanted to and it's only because sales were poisonous and word of mouth toxic (despite them employing people to pretend to be average consumers on forums to try to dictate the message amongst the gaming population, for example) that they've gone back on everything.

Don't reward them for trying to **** you.

• Like 2

Remember, Microsoft wanted to **** you as the consumer. They dearly wanted to and it's only because sales were poisonous and word of mouth toxic (despite them employing people to pretend to be average consumers on forums to try to dictate the message amongst the gaming population, for example) that they've gone back on everything.

We're they though? Or did they just try and create steam for consoles? 

I know you can say Steam have loads of sales, but we will never know if M$ we're intending on doing so too. (probably wouldn't have, mind)

The only thing I view as trying to **** over the customer was the 24 hour internet connection and the need for Kinect to be on. (it doesn't bother me to be honest, but I can see why it would bother other people) All other u-turns they did didn't bother me too much anyway. 

We're they though? Or did they just try and create steam for consoles? 

I know you can say Steam have loads of sales, but we will never know if M$ we're intending on doing so too. (probably wouldn't have, mind)

The only thing I view as trying to **** over the customer was the 24 hour internet connection and the need for Kinect to be on. (it doesn't bother me to be honest, but I can see why it would bother other people) All other u-turns they did didn't bother me too much anyway. 

They pinched ideas from Steam but they weren't trying to make Steam for consoles. They were trying to manufacture a way of killing preowned markets.

Even if you accept that that is a good thing (bizarrely, in my view - the need for a download only future is one that benefits only the developer at the cost of the consumer, unlike on PC where there was a genuine issue with piracy and subsequently the preowned market was killed stone dead meaning the consumer today doesn't lose anything, and gains with cheaper purchases in the main) Microsoft have proven that they shouldn't be trusted. Take your XBLA collection on 360. There is no reason these games could not port across, but Microsoft want to push purchasers towards their new offerings, so they screw you on it. Even when they try to do things for the consumers benefit, they cock it up. Live sales have been a joke for years. Games with Gold is a farce. Etc etc.

They made a sop to allowing preowned markets with talk of a licence transfer system... which was designed to screw independent stores by implementing a system  they only consulted 'retail partners' on, i.e. big businesses, and actively meant you couldn't just sell a game to a mate.

Forcing the Kinect on customers (almost certainly collecting shedloads of data to report back on, patent already in to monitor the room for how many people are watching something, in case you've exceeding your viewer allowance...), all the account stuff effectively treated you like a would be avenue for lost sales (or a thief)...

Etc etc...

Microsoft wanted to **** you. **** their media device (it's barely a console - 3gb focused on it's hybrid 3 OS system, TV crap which will largely be irrelevant outside the US), **** them.

• Like 2

The latest seems to be that PS4 is now 2:1 up compared to the XBONE. Previous thinking seemed to suggest 4:1, but this takes in to account the changes made by Microsoft, and the source is from Gamestop's mailing lists for the consoles - PS4 has 1,500,000 and XBONE has 700,000. Of course, that doesnt translate to preorders, it's just 'interest', but it is pretty indicative I think, especially what you consider that Sony have confirmed 1mil+ worldwide pre-orders and Microsoft have confirmed...nothing.

The latest seems to be that PS4 is now 2:1 up compared to the XBONE. Previous thinking seemed to suggest 4:1, but this takes in to account the changes made by Microsoft, and the source is from Gamestop's mailing lists for the consoles - PS4 has 1,500,000 and XBONE has 700,000. Of course, that doesnt translate to preorders, it's just 'interest', but it is pretty indicative I think, especially what you consider that Sony have confirmed 1mil+ worldwide pre-orders and Microsoft have confirmed...nothing.

Thats better than I thought it would be for M$.

**** it, made my decision. Picked the Xbox. My mates played the biggest part in my choice. Been playing online with them since Medal of honor on Ps2. They have all chosen the Xbox and i didn't want to be playing by myself :(.

Yeah it is, but now Microsoft have said you don't even need to plug it in for the console to function I fully expect them to release a Kinect less version in the new year. 

I'm still going PS4.  

• Like 2

**** it, made my decision. Picked the Xbox. My mates played the biggest part in my choice. Been playing online with them since Medal of honor on Ps2. They have all chosen the Xbox and i didn't want to be playing by myself :(.

You can always make new friends!

Â