Xbox One or PS4?

Genie

XBox One or PS4  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Now that we know a bit about what each console is going to offer, which are you most likely to buy?

• Microsoft Xbox One
    • Sony PS4

You can't recharge the controller still? They really wanted to screw us over didn't they? All the DRM bullshit, no headset included either.

I think Sony had similar plans too, but not to that extent.

I can see this being the last console I buy, on launch anyway. I'll probably get a PC again

XO: 1 million sold in 24 hours - worldwide

PS4: 1 million sold in 24 hours - US & Canada

Both great sales but there seems to be a clear difference.

PS was aways going to do better especially with such cock ups from ms.

Being $100 cheaper kind of helps too

Just read that all EA games are £62.99 on psn store and are £54.99 on xblive. That coupled with the F2P Forza5 situation has cemented my decision to stick with my ps3 for a while and get a Wii U instead.

...and for those reasons, I'm out.

dragon.png

I don't understand really. Surely Sony and Microsoft want people to buy direct from them. Cutting out the middleman (Retail shops) and maximizing profits? Why don't they make their online price cheaper than retail (even if it's by £3), so everyone will buy from them direct? 

I'm obviously missing something because doing that seem too obvious. 

EDIT: I guess retail shops would just lower their price to match it. But still. If it cost the same amount to buy online as it does in the shops surely that's win win? 

Edited by PieFacE

I have an Xbox 360. Bought it secondhand on Ebay several years ago and still going strong. Enjoy playing golf and war games such as Tiger Woods 12 and all of the Call of Duty games Black Opps and so on.

However really want to connect to the internet now and have noted that the PS4 will do that for me without too much bother. If i purchase a PS4 what else will i need to connect to the internet and what cost will be involved and are there any decent golf or war games for the PS4?

The launch games for the PS4 are a little bit weak at the moment, however, you have Battlefield 4/Call of Duty Ghosts on it for ware games.

I don't think there's a golf game out for it yet.

With regards to internet connection, it's got WIFI, so as long as you know a few details such as name/password, you'll be online in seconds.  You can also watch Netflix/4od/BBCIplayer etc on it. 

• Like 1

they have PSN+ which is kind of like gold apart from 2 things that I can see

- PSN+ is only needed to play games online, not for Netflix etc

- Sony have nailed the "free" games thing whereas as MS seem a bit behind on it (assassins creed 3 on PSN+ vs assassins creed 2 on gold for example)

im not sure if they'll still do the £11 for 3 months thing anymore or if its just £40, there's a thread on PSN+ (and how great those of us who have it think it is) on here somewhere

and like lapal_fan said, its built in wifi, its a lot easier than I remember the old 360 being

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

So I have some amazon vouchers to waste in the new year, Options:

1. xBONE

2. PS4

3. Upgrade PC with new xBONE/Steam controller, GFX card, 256GB SSD and 12GB RAM and dual boot Windows 7 + ubuntu ( changing to Steam OS when available)

I am assuming option 3 is the only answer here...

Â